Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi!
Did You know that our cruze have launch control!?
Well it does!
Turn off traction control, with your left leg press brake pedal, and with your right the gas pedal - all the way down.
Wait until revs are stabilized and release the brakes!!!!! =========>
Actually it's really unnecessary, but cool to know that your ride have launch control

·
Registered
22 Posts
Hi!
Did You know that our cruze have launch control!?
Well it does!
Turn off traction control, with your left leg press brake pedal, and with your right the gas pedal - all the way down.
Actually it's really unnecessary, but cool to know that your ride have launch control
Can you send more details?

·
Administrator, Resident Tater Salad
17,359 Posts
That's called brake torquing, and it's existed since the dawn of the torque converter automatic transmission.

It also creates a ton of heat when held like that, so don't do it often.

·
Registered
533 Posts
"Hi!
Did You know that our Cruze's have launch control?
Well they do!
Turn off traction control, with your left foot press the brake pedal, and with your right foot the gas pedal... all the way down.
Actually it's really unnecessary (because it's not a street rod), but cool to know that your ride has launch control"

Sorry, this just offended my senses to read.

Reactions: snowwy66

·
Resident Forum Drunkard
9,274 Posts

·
Administrator
25,596 Posts
And what about those with a manual transmission? :)

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
"Hi!
Did You know that our Cruze's have launch control?
Well they do!
Turn off traction control, with your left foot press the brake pedal, and with your right foot the gas pedal... all the way down.
Actually it's really unnecessary (because it's not a street rod), but cool to know that your ride has launch control"

Sorry, this just offended my senses to read.
Since it's not my native language, thanks for the free lesson.

·
Registered
533 Posts
You are Welcome! So glad to hear that it's not because you are uneducated. We get a lot of that here. Bunch of Twitter Idiots think they are geniuses.
What's your Native Country/Language?

·
Super Moderator
2014 LT program car, Pull Me Over Red
11,685 Posts
On the auto in the Gen Is it does not make you launch faster nor more consistently.

At least for a stock engine/trans. I've tried both ways at the strip and just holding the brake with the left foot while waiting above the TPS with the right is the best way to go.

·
Registered
835 Posts
On the auto in the Gen Is it does not make you launch faster nor more consistently.

At least for a stock engine/trans. I've tried both ways at the strip and just holding the brake with the left foot while waiting above the TPS with the right is the best way to go.
Turn off traction and stability control and put in manumatic mode. M1... than try holding the brake and revving... release brake when boost is built

·
Super Moderator
2014 LT program car, Pull Me Over Red
11,685 Posts
Turn off traction and stability control and put in manumatic mode. M1... than try holding the brake and revving... release brake when boost is built
I'll give it a try next time I'm at the track. Have you had any issues with your axles? It seems mine are a bit sloppy, so I am concerned that I may break one.

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
You are Welcome! So glad to hear that it's not because you are uneducated. We get a lot of that here. Bunch of Twitter Idiots think they are geniuses.
What's your Native Country/Language?
Originally I'm from Latvia, currently I live in Israel. I can say that my true native language is Russian, the second one is Hebrew.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts