Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner
161 - 173 of 173 Posts

·
Registered
128 Posts
you should be using the green...not yellow. Per my talk with Forge...they said that the springs for the cruze DON'T follow the psi rating charts. Simply green is light and yellow is stronger. Between the green spring and vacuum the BOV should be holding boost just fine weather you are tuned at 22psi or not.
Oh, I failed to mention i'm still on the stock BPV.

·
Premium Member
2,020 Posts
Oh, I failed to mention i'm still on the stock BPV. So if green is light do tuned cars still use the green springs?
Use green spring for both. Put the yellow one in a bag in a drawer and leave it alone.

·
Registered
576 Posts
Just to update for anyone looking at the thread with interest in a atmospheric BOV. I emailed [email protected] and he has told me with a cruze auto trans you do not need a tune with installation. I plan on buying one this summer, But has anyone installed it on a Auto trans? Everyone says it wont make much of a difference in the woosh noise but I would like some input from someone who has done the install and knows about it personally. A video would be greatly appreciated with or without a Intake.

·
Registered
990 Posts
Just to update for anyone looking at the thread with interest in a atmospheric BOV. I emailed [email protected] and he has told me with a cruze auto trans you do not need a tune with installation. I plan on buying one this summer, But has anyone installed it on a Auto trans? Everyone says it wont make much of a difference in the woosh noise but I would like some input from someone who has done the install and knows about it personally. A video would be greatly appreciated with or without a Intake.

You will need to have a tune to use any atmospheric blow of valve on a engine with A maf sensor.. If not you will throw codes Using one is all about sound then performance on such a small turbo the stock one holds just fine at our boost levels.

·
Premium Member
2,020 Posts
You will get just as much woosh sound from an auto as you do a manual. The cruze will dump boost at any chance it gets. Just letting off slightly on the pedal will get you a woosh, no need to shift. It doesn't make the sound ONLY when you shift.

And yeah, you need a tune to use it. IMO you should't waste time or money on it. It was funny for a few weeks but got really annoying after and was nothing but trouble for me. Made the car run like crap. Spend the money on something better.

You don't need a tune to run the recirc BOV which they also sell. But, unless you're running a tune, you don't need it.

·
Registered
14 Posts
So, I read through all of these pages. I have had issues with my turbo and it has been replaced under warranty, but am looking at getting the Forge BPV just for quality sakes, a little extra sound would be nice. Are any of these videos listed showing the OEM part vs the Forge BPV?

Reviving an old thread, I know.

·
Registered
25 Posts
I'm surprised nobody has mentioned the atmospheric bypass valve does protect your turbo a bit. It keeps excess pressure of the turbine and will keep your turbo running a bit longer possibly.

I'm trying to decide between a recirculating valve and an atmospheric. I'm running a gtx14. I've always been a believer In recirculating valves as they can keep that unused boost from going to waste. however, I consider 20+psi to be a lot of boost so now I'm considering atmospheric.

Any input would be greatly appreciated.

·
Registered
33 Posts
They are both recirc, atm lets only a portion of the air go outside of the intake tract. no "boost" is saved bc the air is dumping back to the vacuum side so you are still re-compressing air and its actually a bit hotter than air coming

·
Premium Member
1,372 Posts
They are both recirc, atm lets only a portion of the air go outside of the intake tract. no "boost" is saved bc the air is dumping back to the vacuum side so you are still re-compressing air and its actually a bit hotter than air coming
Do you know what an atmospheric blow off valve is?

·
Administrator
2014 LT program car, Pull Me Over Red, 1.4T Auto
13,248 Posts
As you may (or may not know), these have been under development for quite a while. Well, we're finally ready to start selling them. Pricing is set at $165 with FREE SHIPPING

Get em here!

BPV- Forge Motorsports 1.4T Recirculating Bypass Valve

BOV- Forge Motorsports 1.4T Atmospheric Bypass Valve

NOTE: The ATMOSPHERIC BOV will REQUIRE a Trifecta ECP enabled tune. Most 1.4T tunes (and ALL 1.4T Cruze/Sonic budget tunes) are ECP enabled. If you are not sure if yours is or not, please contact us. If you do not have an ECP enabled tune, we will update the tune for this mod at no additional cost.
Aside from needing a Tune and the increased sound of the BOV , what reason would I choose one over the other? Better mileage when recirculated or ...?

·
Premium Member
2,020 Posts
Aside from needing a Tune and the increased sound of the BOV , what reason would I choose one over the other? Better mileage when recirculated or ...?
Maybe things have changed since I had my 2011, but you're better off with the BPV imo. The BOV went off too frequently and the car always had small issues with idle. Either one will provide solid performance over factory BPV, but i'd recommend the BPV. The BOV sound is a novelty that wears off quickly.

Reactions: Blasirl
161 - 173 of 173 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.