Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Administrator
15,692 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
As you may have noticed, the forum is undergoing some layout changes in support of the 2nd generation Cruze. Please be patient during this transition.

·
Premium Member
7,930 Posts
What's the "D" in D1/D2 stand for? I don't think I've seen that to describe the different generations.

·
2,168 Posts
What's the "D" in D1/D2 stand for? I don't think I've seen that to describe the different generations.
My brain read that as Diesel gen 1 and Diesel gen 2.

I'm also excited to see people posting their gen 2 mods!

·
Administrator
15,692 Posts
Discussion Starter #7

·
Premium Member
7,930 Posts
It's how GM's engineers and management refer to the old and new Cruzes; an abbreviation of the Delta I and Delta II platforms.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/GM_Delta_platform
According to that link the Delta I would be the Cobalt, The entire First Gen Cruze is Delta II. The second generation Cruze looks like the D2XX/D2UX. But either way, I think "D" is too short. It should be "Delta" and not just "D"

If you switch to Generation, the full name might be overkill, but at least "Gen 1" instead of "G1"

·
Premium Member
7,930 Posts
And to nit-pick a little further, I'd suggest doing the years as "2011 - 2015, 2016 Limited" and "2016½ - " or "2016 1/2 - " or even "Late 2016 - ".

So far, I can't see what Chevy is calling it except the "All new 2016". This confusion is just going to get worse as the 2016 hits the used car market - people won't be as attuned to "Limited" vs. "All-new".

Reactions: Starks8

·
10,705 Posts
And to nit-pick a little further, I'd suggest doing the years as "2011 - 2015, 2016 Limited" and "2016½ - " or "2016 1/2 - " or even "Late 2016 - ".

So far, I can't see what Chevy is calling it except the "All new 2016". This confusion is just going to get worse as the 2016 hits the used car market - people won't be as attuned to "Limited" vs. "All-new".
Limited idea should have just been kept to fleet/rental sales. Haven't gotten close enough to see if they at least mark them limited like the Impala.

The Cruze was the Gen 2 Slowbalt and then it went rogue.

·
Premium Member
7,930 Posts
Limited idea should have just been kept to fleet/rental sales. Haven't gotten close enough to see if they at least mark them limited like the Impala.
We've had a few people visit claiming they got a 2016, when it was too early for the "all-new". The bulk of them may well got to fleet, but clearly not all of them. It would be interesting to see how they're marked on the outside.

Looking at some pictures on-line, there are no markings. Also, I'm reading it was the "classic" of some other models that all went to fleet. (Same idea, different name.)

Reactions: Merc6

·
Premium Member
7,930 Posts
One minor problem I've noticed: I use the "New Posts" feature quite a bit. Currently, I'm unable to tell if the post in "Service Issues" is for 1st Gen or 2nd Gen.

I'm not sure what to suggest since adding something like "1Gen" to all the 1st Gen sections is likely to clutter up the overall display of forums. But if there's any way to distinguish it in the "new posts" function it would be nice.

·
Administrator
15,692 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
One minor problem I've noticed: I use the "New Posts" feature quite a bit. Currently, I'm unable to tell if the post in "Service Issues" is for 1st Gen or 2nd Gen.

I'm not sure what to suggest since adding something like "1Gen" to all the 1st Gen sections is likely to clutter up the overall display of forums. But if there's any way to distinguish it in the "new posts" function it would be nice.
I had initially done that but changed it back as it didn't look right. I hadn't even thought of the "what's new" list. It won't clutter it up too much if we keep it short, like G1 and G2. I'll get to that as soon as I can.

·
Administrator
25,492 Posts
I had initially done that but changed it back as it didn't look right. I hadn't even thought of the "what's new" list. It won't clutter it up too much if we keep it short, like G1 and G2. I'll get to that as soon as I can.
Thanks Andrei. It needs to be something that shows up in the URL. I was looking at the "move the USB port" today and until I went back to the main forum to find the thread I didn't know if it was in the correct forum.

·
Registered
1,861 Posts
For the header where the cruzes are pictured, I miss the pic of the original first gen cruze RS. Atleast have that late first gen in background be a early gen 1.

Reactions: XtremeRevolution
1 - 19 of 19 Posts