Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Hey silverram, living in Ontario, Canada and being around GM's for most of my life, I hear where you are coming from in regards to corroding. When I changed out my winter steelies to put my 5 spoke alloys, I decided to go the route of inside weights as well to avoid corrossion. The dealer wanted $40 just to change back my all-seasons and said that a re-balance would cost more than $100 if I chose to use the sticky weights because they're more expensive. So I went to a local tire shop and they told me it would cost $30 to switch out the wheels or $60 to get them balanced using the stickies. Since they've balanced the wheels, I haven't had any vibration and the wheels are so much quieter than the winters! As for the rims, the shop had to do it twice so not only did I get scuff marks from the first time they took the weight off the lip and installed new ones, it happend again when they took them off to do it right! So now I have twice as many scuff marks that I wanted with no real way to fix them unless I want to get my rims painted (which I don't). Headache either way I think but worth it if you live in a snowy climate.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.