Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys. Went out to replace my spark plugs this morning, now i have a bad miss fire. All my plugs are gaped at .30, but i believe that the wireing harness that hooks into the cap is broke. Any ideas on where i could find a replacement

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
lol you dont say. Always thought solar powered cars was the future. it was my 2012 cruze, found out the part i need is the distributor cap.

·
Registered
294 Posts

This is a distributor cap I assure you if someone charged you to replace it I would go ask for your money back and if you still belive there is one on your cruze I can give you a smoking deal on one no returns

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
1,226 Posts
It sounds like you may be talking about the plug on the engine wire harness that connects to the ignition coil module. Repairing that connector requires quite a bit of knowledge about repairing wiring harnesses. Since you believe the Cruze has a distributor, I have to assume you don't have that knowledge. You might want to have a professional look at it because you could damage the car's computer (or more) if you mess with those wires. You might be able to find an engine wire harness at a junk yard.

If the misfire started after you changed the plugs then you might have a damaged plug or you might not have gapped them correctly. There are threads on this forum that talk about gapping plugs correctly, or you might want to find a local mechanic that is willing to give you a hand.

·
10,712 Posts
If the gap is .30 then that may be an issue as well. Try to gap them at .027 and make sure the springs in the COIL PACK BOOT(S) are not bunched up. Silicone spray the boots as well so you don't unintentionally tear the boots since they are prone to do that sometimes.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.