Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello,

I am definitely leaking coolant somewhere....but it never gets to the ground I can never pin point it. But now I think I have? The valve is hard to see but it's pretty caked on with sticky coolant residue. Then I noticed the reservoir itself.... around the edges is very dark red (im assuming mixed with dirt?) some of it outside of unit. Is it safe to say these two are whats causing my coolant levels to drop?

Thanks

Attachments

·
Administrator, Resident Tater Salad
17,479 Posts
That is quite common. The hose from the coolant tank to that junction has been redesigned & is easy to replace.

It's called the "coolant inlet hose" on most parts sites.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
That is quite common. The hose from the coolant tank to that junction has been redesigned & is easy to replace.

It's called the "coolant inlet hose" on most parts sites.
And so does it just need that or does the reservoir need replacing we well? Maybe it sprayed in it or something I dunno. Maybe should just do it anyways

·
Premium Member
2,697 Posts
Reactions: Blasirl

·
Registered
280 Posts
I would go ahead and replace the water outlet that the hose attaches to as well. Less than $20 for that part also, and they are a known issue too. Very easy to do yourself.

·
Administrator
25,596 Posts
The reservoir could easily be spilled coolant from filling. Replace the coolant hose intake in your first picture and then clean the tank.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts