Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've got a 2012 Cruze. The pvc leaked around 64,000 miles. The GM dealership replaced it. Since I've noticed I use approx. 1 qt. between oil changes. Around 75-80,000 miles check engine light came on(po299).Around the actuator rod the turbo was cherry red.Took it into the dealer.mentioned the oil leak. They told me the code was from a vacuum leak.after going back several times due to the code coming back. They told me the leak was probably from the oil filler cap. I've replaced the cap, same thing. My car now is out of warranty and 104,000 miles on it.any suggestions? Thinking bad pcv, resulting in the leak at the cap.i had no issues before the they worked on it.it never leaked oil or the turbo code(low boost) never came on. If the valve cover wasn't torqued properly or a new faulty valve cover(pvc) was installed ,would it cause theses issues?

·
Premium Member
25,596 Posts
Contact our Chevy Customer Care account and get them to extend the warranty coverage to repair this. I bet the dealership didn't check for the intake manifold check valve - I had to take the PI in to my dealership so they knew what I was talking about the last time I had my PVC valve cover replaced.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts