Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone else experience a leaking oil pan got mine replaced at 7700 kms and I've driven 200 kilometres artist and it's leaking again! The service advisor said it's a common thing on the new cruze. Please share your experience please.

·
Premium Member
8,003 Posts
The Gen1 would leak if there was a malfunction of the PCV system. The engine crankcase would end up getting pressurized and pushing oil past the seals.

·
2,254 Posts
Hate to say this, but remember my thread "I almost bought a Gen2 Cruze Today"?

Yeah, that had a leaky oil pan as well. Puked its guts out all over our lot. I thought it was just a fluke, but now that I seen this, I am going to ask the service people Wednesday if that is a common issue.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
That would be awesome I know one other person that got his oil pan replaced at his first oil change like me as well so idk I just hope they fix it I actually really like my second gen! I never really had any problems with my 2015.

·
2,254 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
What mileage are at now? Have you had any service issues? I have a 2016.5 with no issue yet. Is yours a 2015.5 or a 2017?

·
Registered
18 Posts
I just had my oil pan replaced for a leak as well. 2016 with about 33,000 miles, but it's been leaking for last 10,000 miles.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
574 Posts
mine was weeping but it was a quick fix. some of the pan bolts was loose from factory & the GM tech guys didn't care when they changed my oil 3x. when I looked the bolts needed a lil snug good so far

·
Administrator, Resident Tater Salad
16,998 Posts
mine was weeping but it was a quick fix. some of the pan bolts was loose from factory & the GM tech guys didn't care when they changed my oil 3x. when I looked the bolts needed a lil snug good so far
Just curious - was the upper or lower section of the pan leaking?

·
Registered
7 Posts
Anyone else experience a leaking oil pan got mine replaced at 7700 kms and I've driven 200 kilometres artist and it's leaking again! The service advisor said it's a common thing on the new cruze. Please share your experience please.
I do have the same problem ! Have you rectified it ?

·
Administrator, Resident Tater Salad
16,998 Posts
What was the exact money you spent to get that fixed ? cause i do not have any idea since the city is new to me. @jblackburn
It is usually covered under powertrain warranty in the US. My Gen 1 leaked and was resealed under warranty; the 2 hasn't been an issue (yet).

I would expect it's in the ~1-2 hour labor range on a Cruze.

·
Premium Member
2013 Cruze LT
1,962 Posts
Dealership just did mine for a bit under $600. I have a warranty but that’s what they billed the warranty company.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts