Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
269 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've got some leaking going on around what I believe is the PCV (or is it a CCV?) valve. I added a attachment. Anyone know if just replacing this is quick and easy? Also which one of these do I want?

PCV Valve for 2014 Chevrolet Cruze|55568910 : GM Parts Direct: Your direct source for Genuine GM Parts

Heater for 2014 Chevrolet Cruze|55568910 : GM Parts Direct: Your direct source for Genuine GM Parts

I feel like I've only seen the heater in the past when I looked this up when I first started seeing this issue some months ago. I did stop by the dealer parts department and they told me I had to buy the entire kit with tubes etc. It doesn't look like GM Parts Direct makes me do this, but is it advisable to replace all those other parts too? We're talking $120 or 130 for the kit vs. $20 for those parts above. Maybe this is moot though. I need to figure out if this is under warranty still too.

Thanks!

1115162006.jpg

·
Premium Member
1,619 Posts
Yeah that's not the PCV valve... Not even close. I don't know why they have it called that. That bit is just a little heater, which I guess prevents oil from freezing under vacuum, saving turbo from utter doom, that kind of stuff.

·
Registered
310 Posts
If all of the hoses going to it are fine, I wouldn't be replacing them. Just put the 20 dollar part in it and be done. The dealership will always try to sell you tons of parts when all you need is one.

·
Reverend Red Bull
1,067 Posts
Maybe this is moot though. I need to figure out if this is under warranty still too.
The warranty part is easy. If you're under 36,000 miles, it's covered under warranty. If you have any kind of a service contract or extended warranty, it would be covered under whatever deductibles and terms you have there. Otherwise, it's not covered.

·
Registered
269 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Ok, thanks. I discussed it with a friend. I think I may just leave it alone unless it becomes a problem. I guess the part itself might be kind of difficult to remove and strap back in... but that was just a guess based on taking a quick look.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts