Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've been noticing my cruze blowing lots of bluish smoke out my tailpipe. I look under the hood and see oil on the seal of the valve cover and oil around my bnr bypass valve. I check the oil and there is nothing on the dipstick. I filled it up with 4 quarts and check it 2 days later which I drove about 150 miles and it was again missing 4 quarts of oil. I have no engine lights on and the engine seems to run fine any ideas? I'm tired of losing all this oil

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
2,697 Posts
I've been noticing my cruze blowing lots of bluish smoke out my tailpipe. I look under the hood and see oil on the seal of the valve cover and oil around my bnr bypass valve. I check the oil and there is nothing on the dipstick. I filled it up with 4 quarts and check it 2 days later which I drove about 150 miles and it was again missing 4 quarts of oil. I have no engine lights on and the engine seems to run fine any ideas? I'm tired of losing all this oil

Year/Model/Trim of the car and odometer reading?

·
Registered
88 Posts
Excessive crankcase pressure blew the seals on the valve cover?

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Also it has a BNR tune runs great except the excessive smoke. Doesn't misfire or anything.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Why have you been driving it after you first noticed you were loosing 'tons' of Oil. Not only can your engine seize but oil can start the car on FIRE
Your comment doesn't help me figure out why it's loosing oil.

·
Registered
88 Posts
Your comment doesn't help me figure out why it's loosing oil.

I think you're just having a laugh. You haven't cleaned up any of the spilled oil yet? I don't know if insurance would cover a fire if you didn't hit anyone or anything, so that can't be your goal.

·
Premium Member
8,003 Posts
Any idea where the bulk of the oil is going? At this point you've lost 8 quarts. If it's leaking externally, I'd think you'd notice the trail and puddle on the drive way. Otherwise, I'm inclined to think that the bulk is going down the exhaust pipe. And yeah, I think the turbo would be one of my suspects.That's not to say there isn't other oil leaks that need to be addressed, but I'd want to know where the bulk of it is going and fix that first.

Reactions: mikestony

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I think you're just having a laugh. You haven't cleaned up any of the spilled oil yet? I don't know if insurance would cover a fire if you didn't hit anyone or anything, so that can't be your goal.
Well if you read the post right I'm burning it so it's not leaking all over my engine. Thanks for your help

·
Premium Member
2,697 Posts
How do the plugs look?

With those miles might be time for a compression check. At least that will help with the turbo vs warn piston/valve question.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts