Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
136 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Guys,

Making it a quick/vague post...when it rains hard/when I wash my car the inside of the car seems to fog up a bit. I am guessing that means a small amount of water is somehow getting into the car and causing the fog. Anyone else have this issue/is it common at all?

Thanks,

Tyler

·
Premium Member
25,595 Posts
It's common in the Cruze. The HVAC system is barely big enough to dry the air coming into the car so the cold air on the outside of the glass is causing the humidity inside the car to condense on the glass. To clear this put the HVAC control on recirculate and run the windshield blower. This should turn on the A/C compressor to dry the air. If this doesn't clear the windows turn the A/C on as well. Also set the temperature a little higher to help keep the glass warmer.

·
Registered
136 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
This happens while I am washing the car and stuff...not while driving. I was just wondering if there was a leak or not. I can get rid of the fog while driving relatively easily while driving. Thanks.

·
Registered
55 Posts
More than likely it's the cool air inside the car and the (I'm assuming the car wash uses hot water) water hitting your cold windows, which causes the condensation. I've had it happen (not all the time) in several different cars.

·
Registered
136 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
More than likely it's the cool air inside the car and the (I'm assuming the car wash uses hot water) water hitting your cold windows, which causes the condensation. I've had it happen (not all the time) in several different cars.
After I posted up about this I thought of that same phenomena. I think that may be the case. It did not happen today when I washed it.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.