Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Little Purple Title
836 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've read everywhere that the Cruzen can "learn" our driving habits. I'm not sure what all is learned but I'm certainly not contesting that it happens.

I do a lot of freeway driving, rarely in traffic, and I have a lead foot. Needless to say, my Chiana has learned to get up and go.

Now, when I do hit traffic, I notice some pretty jerky shifting at low speeds - Even when simply releasing the break at 1 MPH then coasting at idle.

Is this bad? Can it be doing any type of damage (either physical damage or "damage" to the learning)?

Thanks for the input.

·
Premium Member
6,917 Posts
No matter if you drive easy or hard the auto seems to hate any kind of rolling start. I roll stop signs all day long at 2-15mph, I have had to learn to ease into the throttle to avoid the "clunk" into back into gear.

If you use manual mode this behavior seems allot better.

·
Little Purple Title
836 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
No matter if you drive easy or hard the auto seems to hate any kind of rolling start. I roll stop signs all day long at 2-15mph, I have had to learn to ease into the throttle to avoid the "clunk" into back into gear.

If you use manual mode this behavior seems allot better.
I've learned to switch to 1 manually when exiting a car wash through the dryer, no issues then.

So maybe it has more to do with the AT's dumb switch-to-N-when-stopped-to-save-5-drops-of-gas thingy it does?

·
10,712 Posts
I've learned to switch to 1 manually when exiting a car wash through the dryer, no issues then.

So maybe it has more to do with the AT's dumb switch-to-N-when-stopped-to-save-5-drops-of-gas thingy it does?
From a stop yeah, that feeling I couldn't get over.

·
Little Purple Title
836 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
From a stop yeah, that feeling I couldn't get over.
Any harm in just keeping it manually in 1 when I'm in traffic, then back to drive when it's go time? Any extra wear on the transmission?

·
10,712 Posts
Any harm in just keeping it manually in 1 when I'm in traffic, then back to drive when it's go time? Any extra wear on the transmission?
No, trans will only let you do soo much before it will let you damage it. That is unless you deliberately performed N bombs. I can't speak for the tuned autos who are in m mode w/o shifting.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts