Registered
706 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So im getting the offers because my lease is up in 4 months

I have 3 options

1. Keep the car and pay the 14k
2. Get the new cruze (td)
3. Get the Colorado diesel

I was going to keep the current cruze but bluebook is 10k for the car and im not going to pay 4k over

Wjat are your thoughts people

·
Premium Member
8,003 Posts
You might want to test drive the new Cruze. See if it's to your liking. You might also want to price used cars to see how far out of line the 14k is. You could counter-offer. The worst they can do is laugh.

·
Premium Member
2,986 Posts
85% of the time buying out a lease is not favorable. Why do you need a colorado for? More expense for added capaity

·
Resident Derp
2,806 Posts
I would go with the Colorado personally. You get more car, period.

Especially if you can afford it.

Reactions: Merc6

·
Administrator
25,596 Posts
I'd test drive the new Cruze and a Colorado. If you're looking for cargo space test drive the Cruze Hatch as well. I certainly wouldn't pay 4K over the book value for a lease buyout.

·
Registered
706 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I currently have a dakota for a beater to haul firewood so I don't "need" a pickup. I'm looking to get more info on the cruze. But the higher mpg over the 14 is a plus I just need to see how much bigger the new cruze is

Oh BTW I just checked my lease. 15,500 buy out cost. He'll no

ID rather take my 7k I have saved and put it towards something new

·
2,254 Posts
I currently have a dakota for a beater to haul firewood so I don't "need" a pickup. I'm looking to get more info on the cruze. But the higher mpg over the 14 is a plus I just need to see how much bigger the new cruze is

The new Cruze is larger in almost every way interior wise. Not sure about exterior.

Sent from my Moto G (4) using Tapatalk

·
Administrator
25,596 Posts
Slightly larger outside as well.

·
Registered
1,075 Posts
Counter offer what you're willing to pay, if they don't take it, walk. That said $10k seems low. I looked at a low mileage '14 CTD where they were at nearly $19k, granted PNW is typically higher than other areas. You'll end up paying much more for a Colorado, or the new Cruze, keep in mind that the new Cruze has less torque/power.. it's a new engine which may have who knows what kind of issues once it's out there. Good luck.

Sent from my Moto G (4) using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2,916 Posts
wouldnt pay 15k for the ctd

but scared of the new diesel, know nothing aboot it, and the transmission

be totally cool with paying 11k for the car.

·
10,713 Posts
If you can wait, you can see if you can catch it when it shows up on a used car lot.
Depends on how that works out. For us and leases, they always ended up in another region of the state. Lease the car in Cleveland and then it's auctioned off in Akron/Cincinnati via carfax vin search.

·
Premium Member
2,986 Posts

told ya, there is a reason its not a popular option. you say you have a beater dakota... well then you have a vehicle to fill that roll. even at 14 mpg its still cheaper then a new car payment..is it a 318 mag or the v6?

·
Premium Member
4,652 Posts
Definitely "no" on paying the 15.5K buyout, that's an obvious no-brainer. I've driven the new Colorado diesel and it's really awesome. It's a consideration for me in the future, but I'm not really a truck guy. My biggest choice will likely come down to the new Cruze TD vs. the Equinox TD.

·
Registered
706 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
my dakota is a stick 3.7 average 18 loaded 20 unloaded so thats that. its not a daily driver but runs if i need it to be also

if mileage was not a factor the colardo would be my first choice the td equinox (2nd choice)

but it is so im wondering if i should wait and hope the cruzr td is around by April.

·
Premium Member
2,986 Posts
my dakota is a stick 3.7 average 18 loaded 20 unloaded so thats that. its not a daily driver but runs if i need it to be also

if mileage was not a factor the colardo would be my first choice the td equinox (2nd choice)

but it is so im wondering if i should wait and hope the cruzr td is around by April.
how often do you really use a pick up to condone the extra premium in payment + possible wear and tear charges if your using it as a utility truck not a pavement queen. i keep my 95 5.2 v8 4x4 jeep for utility jobs when needed but i don't drive since it sucks gas. DO YOU DAILY DRIVE MORE OR USE A UTILITY LIFESTYLE MORE?

·
Premium Member
4,652 Posts
Autonews.com reports "Early next year" for the Cruze TD, whatever that means.

·
Registered
706 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
So there was a local dealer that had a Colorado that matched 90% of my list. 550 finance 72 month.
Or 350 39 monthease. 5 k down.

No thanks lol

·
Premium Member
2,219 Posts
I haven't driven the Colorado diesel, did drive the gas version and I wasn't impressed at all, I am a truck guy and prefer a full size truck, the Colorado is too much money for a truck I can't really do the truck stuff I like. Great they make all sorts of different stuff for different applications.

I wouldnt pay 15.5k for your Cruze. I might seek out additional options over your three. Smiles.

Reactions: chevrasaki
1 - 20 of 37 Posts