Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
1,304 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We're always hearing about the most miles. Not sure why? Maybe because were trained to think more is better like bigger is better?
Anyway I don't know if there's a thread about the least amount of miles on your cruze but my 2013 1.4 eco has 19,500 miles on her and I just put 1600 on her over Christmas otherwise she would have even less.
I should add this is not my primary vehicle.

·
Premium Member
1,372 Posts
Why a Sonic sig?:wacko:

Just hit 3 years and one week @14,100 miles. Tomorrow I am getting the Dealer 15K service for $129.
Because my prototype parts aren't ready for my Cruze yet. ;)

·
Premium Member
4,139 Posts
2012 Cruze diesel bought August 2012 52,000km, that's 32,000 miles. This is my main vehicle.

·
Premium Member
6,918 Posts
I'm only interested in the most miles since those people are actually enjoying their cruze. If you drive under 10K a year you should not waste your money on a new car payment, period.

·
Registered
1,304 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
I'm only interested in the most miles since those people are actually enjoying their cruze. If you drive under 10K a year you should not waste your money on a new car payment, period.
Who says I/we have a car payment? I have 3 "cars" and they're all paid off.
PS...I enjoy my 30-40 mpg cruze on long road trips and as a backup car just in case I turn the key on my 2003 S-10 one day and nothing happens.

·
Premium Member
6,918 Posts
Who says I/we have a car payment? I have 3 "cars" and they're all paid off.
PS...I enjoy my 30-40 mpg cruze on long road trips and as a backup car just in case I turn the key on my 2003 S-10 one day and nothing happens.
I guess I should have said its makes no sense to buy an new car at all if your driving less than 10K a year, period. I guess if you can some how make spending $15,000-30,000 on a car that in 5 years is only worth $5000 even with low miles make sense..... Anyone driving lower than 10K a year but wants the reliability if a new car should lease, unless they are really bad at math and want to give away their money.

·
Premium Member
1,372 Posts
I guess I should have said its makes no sense to buy an new car at all if your driving less than 10K a year, period. I guess if you can some how make spending $15,000-30,000 on a car that in 5 years is only worth $5000 even with low miles make sense..... Anyone driving lower than 10K a year but wants the reliability if a new car should lease, unless they are really bad at math and want to give away their money.
Leasing is an even worse idea in that scenario mate.

If you're driving 5k miles a year, you'll get the reliability for a lot longer than a lease, and not have to pay a note for the rest of your life.

·
Premium Member
6,918 Posts
Leasing is an even worse idea in that scenario mate.

If you're driving 5k miles a year, you'll get the reliability for a lot longer than a lease, and not have to pay a note for the rest of your life.
You have never done the math then, lease is a much better deal for anyone who can conform to the mileage limits, and you get a new car every 3-4 years!

Say you keep you car you paid $25,000 for for 6 years, will you occur repairs beyond that cost once the mileage/years add up? Lease only pays for oil changes, they have free warranty coverage the entire time.

Even with a $4,000 down payment on 2 leases and adding up the monthly(typically half a payment cost), your still well under $25,000. Savings is more than $5000, Way more than than the value of your now 6 year old car. That's not even considering the lease deals they have at year end with zero down just to move older models. Also remember you can always buy out your lease if you really wanted to, typically that price is comparable to the used market value but you know where its been.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts