Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Is leather wrapped steering wheel only available in a premier package for 2018 Cruze hatchback?
I know in prior years, leather steering wheel is available in the LT but dealership is claiming for 2018 its not.
Please help.

·
Premium Member
2014 Cruze Diesel, 2007 Cobalt, 1981 Camaro Z28, 2017 Volt
5,421 Posts
That is correct, unless you're speaking of the Diesel, in which case you can get it on an LT, but that is because they don't offer the diesel in a Premier.

It was the same for 2017, as well.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thank you for the speedy reply MP81.
The leather wrapped steering wheel is such an integral component to providing a fulfilling driving experience, for me.
I am having trouble being completely satisfied with the plastic steering wheel.

I had 2 requests when buying the car, 1-no red or black, 2-leather wrapped steering wheel. (is that three?)

Dealership didn't have stock so they brought from a neighboring dealer and when it arrived, no leather steering wheel. I should have walked away.

How to remedy my situation?

Perhaps I can order the part and have the service dept. do a steering wheel swap? Could it be that easy?
So I called the parts dept. and was told no. I am baffled as to why but who am I to question the parts dept.

I still feel there is a viable solution, just need some help getting there. To my fellow cruzers, I anxiously await your expertise.

Thank you!

·
Premium Member
2014 Cruze Diesel, 2007 Cobalt, 1981 Camaro Z28, 2017 Volt
5,421 Posts
I agree - we have a leather wheel in both the CTD and the Volt, and it is far superior to the urethane wheel in my Cobalt (though I am used to it in that vehicle, because I've had it so long).

My Volt is an LT, and it has the leather wheel (heated), and the CTD is technically a "2LT" equivalent level, so that's why it came with a leather wheel (and leather seats only). I feel like it is an odd exclusion in the 2nd gen gas Cruze LT...

·
Registered
11 Posts
Not trying to bring up an old post, but, I too phoned the dealership and was told that it could not be done. However, I’ve seen folks switch them in the Gen 1s. This has been my number one want since I bought my car. I wanted a manual trans, unfortunately they did not include a leather wheel. My questions are:

•If I were to buy a leather wheel, would I be able to swap without issue (all current LT controls still work the same, because I would have to buy from a Premier model it would include extra controls)

•Would the additional controls (heated wheel) work?

·
Super Moderator
2014 LT program car, Pull Me Over Red
11,326 Posts
Look at Gen 6 Camaro wheels as well. you will have to finish the wiring to make any extra controls work including the heated option.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts