Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i promised my daughter that I would pass my Cruze over to her when she got her 1st teaching job. Well she just got hired and she's taking over my beautiful 2012 Cruze1LT w/ RS. It is spotless and only has 8000 miles, no troubles what so ever.

I will be buying a 2013 Chevy extended cab Silverado LT, But I will still come on here to read what is going on.

·
Premium Member
2,243 Posts
That's real nice gift. Good luck with your new truck and happy trails!

Sent from my Telefunken U47 Electronic Response Unit

·
Premium Member
2,020 Posts
So...you're giving away your current Cruze, how does that equate to leaving the Cruze famil...ooohhh. Please just don't tell us you're going with a Dart.

Reactions: Sunline Fan and MjC

·
Premium Member
6,917 Posts
That's so nice of you to give your daughter a cruze! at least she is old enough to appreciate it(not a 16year old). Too bad you could not wait until after July/August(model year change), the 2014 Silverado is all new(including engines) which means there will be some great deals on 2013's or you could get one of the new more powerful/better MPG engines.

·
Registered
378 Posts
may encounter a similar situation some day. my dad has a 1999 honda oddessey and the original plan was when it breaks down, i give him the cruze and get something new (thinking along the lines of e class sedan). im in love with this car now though so i dont want to give it up. gonna tell him to get another car when his breaks down

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I wish I could wait for the 2014 Silverado but right now she shares the car with my wife. They really each need to have a car. Given that I get the GM family discount and all the specials for the Silverado I'm getting about $10k of sticker price. I figure if I want to buy the 2014 next year I can probably sell it and still come out ahead or break even.

·
Resident Derp
2,805 Posts
may encounter a similar situation some day. my dad has a 1999 honda oddessey and the original plan was when it breaks down, i give him the cruze and get something new (thinking along the lines of e class sedan). im in love with this car now though so i dont want to give it up. gonna tell him to get another car when his breaks down
Besides, Mercedes are horrible maintenance wise. My dad has a 2005 e500 and when the battery died it cost us $2000 to replace, and if you let the car sit for a little bit while on vacation, the rear suspension will sink until you start the car again(my dad went to hawaii for a week, came back to find the rear of the car slammed o_O). Now they've most likely improved the E series since then, but it will still cost a lot, and German cars are known for their mechanical superiority, but also known for their low electronic quality and overheating problems. Last of all you end up paying far more than the car is worth for Mercedes/BMW.

·
Premium Member
2,502 Posts
I too like the new trucks. I like the Sierras by GMC a little more, but in the end they're both the same truck.

Nice choice! And it's good to see you still plan on poking around. Best of luck to you.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts