Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Installed LED lights in my front door handles in my cup holders and between the map lights.
Land vehicle Vehicle Car Steering wheel Center console

Blue Light Lighting Purple Darkness

Blue Violet Black Darkness Light

Blue Black Light Darkness Lighting

Land vehicle Vehicle Car Mid-size car

Land vehicle Vehicle Car Mode of transport Center console

·
Premium Member
5,001 Posts
I recommend doing dome in lower temperature unless you plan on carrying a flashlight lol.
Map lights are also pointless in my opinion since they aren't ambient lights and are very useful when you need quick lighting.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I recommend doing dome in lower temperature unless you plan on carrying a flashlight lol.
Map lights are also pointless in my opinion since they aren't ambient lights and are very useful when you need quick lighting.
I didn't change any of the existing lights I just added lights that come on with my headlights and when I open a door. They also dim with the cluster lights. The one in with the map lights is between the light i drilled a whole in the silver plastic and installed a new LED.

·
Premium Member
5,001 Posts
Oh I'll shut up now. :)

Did you take pics during install? I'm sure you're going to have a couple guys wanting to do it.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Oh I'll shut up now. :)

Did you take pics during install? I'm sure you're going to have a couple guys wanting to do it.
no thats the one mistake i made but it was pretty simple i just connected the wires to the illumination wires of the sunroof switch for the one between the map lights, drivers window switch for the drivers handle and the PRNDL light switch for the cup holder, the hardest one was the pass door handle because i had to run the wire through the wire boot in the door jam and behind the glove box and to the PRNDL light switch due to that there is not an individual illumination wire in the pass door the window switch light is computer controled.

·
Registered
682 Posts
no thats the one mistake i made but it was pretty simple i just connected the wires to the illumination wires of the sunroof switch for the one between the map lights, drivers window switch for the drivers handle and the PRNDL light switch for the cup holder, the hardest one was the pass door handle because i had to run the wire through the wire boot in the door jam and behind the glove box and to the PRNDL light switch due to that there is not an individual illumination wire in the pass door the window switch light is computer controled.
****!! i don't have a sunroof, how the **** would i go about connecting a light like one between the map lights? I've been wanting one ever since i got the car! YOU NEED TO DO INSTALL PHOTOS!!!

·
Registered
238 Posts
Nice job Cruze4779. I want the one by the map lights too but I also don't have a sunroof. I was thinking of running a wire down the A pillar to the headlight switch and picking up the illumination wire there.
What LED's did you use?

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Nice job Cruze4779. I want the one by the map lights too but I also don't have a sunroof. I was thinking of running a wire down the A pillar to the headlight switch and picking up the illumination wire there.
What LED's did you use?
i used evo LED's from JEGS
Audio equipment Technology Electronic device Headset Headphones

CIPA 93163

i bought 2 packs of 3 and used 4 leds total but i'm thinking about doing the front foot wells.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Personally the one by the map light is my least favorite if i was to do it again i would just do the door handles and the cup holders. the map light one is to bright i put a piece of paper on the inside of the clear lens to make it less intense. I'm trying to figure out how to make it more like my 2012 equinox where it is recessed in so that all you get is the glow and not the glare.

·
Registered
238 Posts
Personally the one by the map light is my least favorite if i was to do it again i would just do the door handles and the cup holders. the map light one is to bright i put a piece of paper on the inside of the clear lens to make it less intense. I'm trying to figure out how to make it more like my 2012 equinox where it is recessed in so that all you get is the glow and not the glare.
I was going to drill a hole back near the microphone. The LED will then be recessed in somewhat to prevent too much glare as well as angled slightly towards the shifter area (where I want it to fall). I saw this the first time in a 2010 Malibu I had from the dealer.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I was going to drill a hole back near the microphone. The LED will then be recessed in somewhat to prevent too much glare as well as angled slightly towards the shifter area (where I want it to fall). I saw this the first time in a 2010 Malibu I had from the dealer.

if you get that done post some pics would love to see how it turns out. i just couldn't figure out how to get it recessed in back by the mic.

·
Registered
682 Posts
There's a spot where it should go. The buicks have one there. Try cutting the little white placeholder out of there and stick the LED farther back inside the plastic. Even behind everything so the light only shines through the little hole.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts