Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey everyone!

Just thought I'd share what came in the mail yesterday :). I've been drooling over these for half a year now and finally decided to order them. The ebay seller never said it was with turn light function, it was just an extra bonus apparently. In the video i'm trying them out with a 9V battery, therefore the light might be a bit dim. The controller says it should be fed between 12-24 volts so i don't run them for too long over 9V.

The DRL's blind the camera a little but atleast you get to see how they work. I'll try to get them on my car tomorrow or the day after depending on how hard it is to remove the OEM facias. Anyone know how to without removing the whole bumper like i've seen in some foglight install posts :uhh:

Chevrolet Cruze LED DRL with turn light function - YouTube

·
Registered
235 Posts
dannggg. those are super cool. how much you paid for them? and maybe a link?

·
Premium Member
5,002 Posts
$1035?!!,lol

Look very bright. Turn signal seems kinda useless down there though. Interested on how they'll look installed.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Yes its in SEK. Its a normal price for a led drl. And I don't plan to replace my turn signal just using this as an extra one :)

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 · (Edited)
Finally got them installed now and here's my thoughts of the whole thing.
First things first the plastic mold is kind of low budget. There's a few notches and angles that you have to force in place or even bend and break in order to get it in place. The plastics don't form well around the foglight so it leaves some gaps where the light from them shines thru. I really have to fix that because it looks crappy as ****.

The turn light is not much of use here really. Not that it's placed to low down but it's too weak to even notice. The original turn signal washes them out pretty well so no use in wiring them up except for getting the drl to dim down when you turn.

Althought the DRL function itself is pleasing and it gives of a strong white blueish tone which is visible during daytime. Reminds me of the same color temperature as what KIA and Hyundai uses.

temp img uploader

They're not as bright as OEM led drl on other brands in daylight, you could say they shine as bright as theirs does on reduced lowbeam power. The ebay seller guaranteed them to comply with every standard avaliable to be road legal but i'm starting to doubt it.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts