Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just ordered a diode dynamics 6k hid kit today for my 17 lt with projectors and also back up lights and license plate light . Anybody installed these before and any tips ? It appears the license plate light is already led so may not have to replace that but also what about the interior ones with no sunroof ? Couldn't find a bulb # foe those yet thanks !

·
Premium Member
1,351 Posts
Unfortunately, the stock 17’ projectors, have a horrible cutoff line. I’m looking for someone to retrofit a new projector into the headlight, itself.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

·
Administrator
2014 LT program car, Pull Me Over Red
12,167 Posts
I searched hi and low for Gen II tutorials with no luck. I would use your owners manual to start with.

On the chance that the Gen I's are similar, here is a link to my reverse light install tutorial. If nothing else, write up a tutorial as you stumble along trying to figure it out.

·
Premium Member
1,013 Posts
Tail light installs are 9/10 times one of the easiest things you can do. I bet you can open the trunk and immediately see all screws/bolts/clips that need to be removed to get to them. Don't be afraid to do stuff without directions, just be gentle and nothing will be broken. HID kits are pretty straightforward, they look daunting because of how much wiring there is but it's all plug n play aside from a couple easy to do grounding loops.

·
Premium Member
1,013 Posts
Unfortunately, the stock 17’ projectors, have a horrible cutoff line. I’m looking for someone to retrofit a new projector into the headlight, itself.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
The cutoff compared to higher end vehicles isn't great, however compared to other vehicles that come with halogen projectors, it's not terrible. The glare from them is still greatly reduced compared to gen 1 reflectors.

·
Registered
85 Posts
Hi, did you succeeded to install those lights? Any pics? I'm interested to put some colder light bulbs instead of stock projectors..they are too yellow(

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.