Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
170 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have been researching many sites and haven't been able to find a set of these LEDs for a cruze with an RS bumper. Anyone have a solution? 51kCt13GakL.jpg

·
2,254 Posts
If you just want an LED look, Diode Dynamics LED bulbs (found here) do pretty good based on some pictures I've seen floating around.

If you want an LED look and great performance, the Diode Dynamics XML2's seem to work very well. @Terryk2003 has them in his 2014 RS. He says it is a very tight fit, but they work.

·
Registered
170 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Yeah I'm looking in putting them in, shame it doesn't seem like such a big item that many manufactures make.

Last fall I bought a '14 RS and wanted the same thing. The RS inserts are different shape. I searched and searched and finally gave up. To this day, I don't think anyone makes them to fit the RS bumper.

·
Premium Member
8,003 Posts
Those aren't fogs. Those are DRLs. Slight difference. They put out enough light for others to see you, but they don't create enough light for you to see the road.

Note that by default, adding LED DRLs doesn't turn off the headlight DRLs. You'll have to find another way to do that.

If you've got fogs and just want LEDs, that's easy to retrofit. If you don't have fogs, I'm not sure as there's a lot of options for buying something that fits the RS.

·
Registered
170 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Well they go in the fog light position so you could argue what to call them, I have aftermarket headlights in already so I want both to run as DLRs.

I have fogs, but want to replace the whole assembly. I like the way the new ones look and I think they would look good added onto mine.

[iurl="http://www.cruzetalk.com/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=182089&d=1456222186"]
[/iurl]
Those aren't fogs. Those are DRLs. Slight difference. They put out enough light for others to see you, but they don't create enough light for you to see the road.

Note that by default, adding LED DRLs doesn't turn off the headlight DRLs. You'll have to find another way to do that.

If you've got fogs and just want LEDs, that's easy to retrofit. If you don't have fogs, I'm not sure as there's a lot of options for buying something that fits the RS.

Attachments

1 - 6 of 6 Posts