Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner

21 - 39 of 39 Posts

·
Registered
76 Posts
The best way to install LED welcome lights is to tap into the BCM dome lamp circuit. Here are some pics of where the BCM wires are and my under lighting. Looks much better in the dark. Grey connector and the first wire at the top also grey. So +side of LED to the grey wire and -side of led to ground.

·
Registered
622 Posts
The best way to install LED welcome lights is to tap into the BCM dome lamp circuit. Here are some pics of where the BCM wires are and my under lighting. Looks much better in the dark. Grey connector and the first wire at the top also grey. So +side of LED to the grey wire and -side of led to ground.
That's another way to do it. Most like me, don't want to tap into existing wires

Sent from my ASUS Transformer Pad TF300T using AutoGuide.Com Free App

·
Registered
211 Posts
Yeah, I will second that I would rather add a fuse.
Thanks for the suggestion though! I was looking for light fuses and couldn't find many inside.

·
Premium Member
661 Posts
so reviving this for a hot moment. Except for circuits #6 and #7 are any of the empty circtus switched circuits? what is the best way to figure that out if no one is sure.

I have a boost gauge installed on #7 right now

my hope is that one of the main empty slots can be used to run the LED i want to install
(still learning)

·
Registered
33 Posts
So I just ordered a 2 pc expandable set of blue leds from LED GLOW. I'm going to be installing them into the fuse box. It all seems pretty straight forward was just wondering if anyone has any suggestions on what fuse to use. I want them to run when the car is on and turn off when the car is off. I also don't want to have to worry about blowing any important electronics as unlikely as it is. Any help is appreciated. I haven't done this stuff before.

Hey! I have a ton of lights in my cruze! They're all powered off ONE add-a-circuit located on the dash fuse panel. I picked up a 6 channel wireless relay off eBay to use as my switch. It's pretty awesome to have everything on a remote ;).

The only issue I've run into is, occasionally when there's a drop in voltage, as in the doors lock and the lights flash... One of the lights tends to switch on. This isn't a problem with the board, just me wiring it backwards. It gives you 3 terminals for each relay... A) normally open B)power C) normally closed.

Here's a video of everything I've done. If there's enough interest, I'll make a video actually detailing the HOW :)

http://youtu.be/0Z1R3k_rRz8

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Premium Member
661 Posts
car looks sweet mna, how did you do the chevy emblem in the door and on the sill?

·
Registered
33 Posts
car looks sweet mna, how did you do the chevy emblem in the door and on the sill?
If you're referring to mine, than, search eBay... Everything I've installed I purchased on eBay (crazy cheap I might add)

To installed the sill plates you don't need to drill any holes. Just tuck the wire up under the plastics.

For the door handles, you'll need to drill a small hole, maybe 1/8" or 3/16".. Just big enough to put the wire through the back flat part of the door handle pocket. To get the wire back to the car, rather than fight with the rubber that houses the existing wires, I just wrapped the two wires in black electrical tape(could also use shrink tube) and you can only notice it if I were to point it out.

Hope that helps!

Jay

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Registered
6 Posts
So I see 3 grey wires. Two of which are the same color. i assume the two together are the dome light circuits, correct?

·
Premium Member
6,918 Posts
So I see 3 grey wires. Two of which are the same color. i assume the two together are the dome light circuits, correct?
I have yet to add any foot well lighting but plan to do this before summer. His description says its the grey plug and first wire at the top. In his image he has the test probe in the upper left(first) hole.

Did you use a test light to verify this is the correct wire? Thats what I would try. Should light up but also turn off when you close the door.

·
Registered
196 Posts
I believe I just put a 10A fuse in it right now. Its plugged into #6 Fuse slot - for the front power outlet which I actually do not use. I have a power brick with a USB Port and 3 Car Power Ports I plug into the back power outlet with a blue light to match the rest of my lights and the wires hide under the center console. Can't say if the fuse will or will not blow as the front power outlet just gets the cord in my way as I have a manual transmission, so nothing ever gets plugged into it.

As far as the wires inside, I have no idea. All you do is put your power wire into the blue crimp and then crimp it to make a secure connection. Do you have a ground point? I used some 3 LED Strip Lights that we had laying around, I found them online here: OVM12F3B7 - OPTEK TECHNOLOGY - LED STRIP, 3 LED, BLUE, 6LM | Newark

I have 3 sets under the driver side dash and passenger side dash and used 3M Dbl Sided Tape to stick them on. I also have 3 strips under each of the front seats to illuminate the back seats, I used 3M Velcro and attached it to the rug on the hump underneath the seats so they point towards the rear of the car. All of the wires are ran hidden under the center console and under the seat tracks so it doesn't get in the way. The ground point for the lights go to a bolt in the panels under the center console on driver side. We crimped one of those crimps that go to a circle and slid it over the bolt (Can't think of the name).
can you take a picture of where you grounded it?

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi all cruze fans. Im trying to add leds all around my interior but i want to add them on the counsel diming circuit. So i can dim or brighten them with my dash. Any insight on bcm wireing or wires for taping into. Thanks in advance

·
Premium Member
7,803 Posts
Hi all cruze fans. Im trying to add leds all around my interior but i want to add them on the counsel diming circuit. So i can dim or brighten them with my dash. Any insight on bcm wireing or wires for taping into. Thanks in advance
The first question is how much additional power can that circuit handle. I don't know as anyone knows. If it was me, I'd build an "amplifier" that would look to that circuit for the signal, but draw power from another circuit. However, I don't know of any such commercially made device.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hello does anybody have a video how they did it?I'm new and never have done anything to my 2014 other than changing the bulbs on the headlights.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Sorry for bringing up an old thread but I need some help. I tried installing LED lights by tapping into the BCM dome lamp circuit, like lukeurip stated earlier in this thread.

I have the LED Glow 7 color 4 piece kit and I tried doing this. I have the little control box with "on/off, mode & pause" buttons. If I have the lights on and open the door, they turn on and then off when I shut the door, like they should/I want them to. However, when I reopen the door, the lights are not on and I have to hit the "on" button to turn them on. It like resets every time I open/shut the doors. Has anyone else had this issue or know how to help me? I appreciate any and all help! Thanks.

·
Premium Member
7,803 Posts
I have the LED Glow 7 color 4 piece kit and I tried doing this. I have the little control box with "on/off, mode & pause" buttons. If I have the lights on and open the door, they turn on and then off when I shut the door, like they should/I want them to. However, when I reopen the door, the lights are not on and I have to hit the "on" button to turn them on. It like resets every time I open/shut the doors. Has anyone else had this issue or know how to help me?
Looking at the photos of that setup, I think you're going to have to find a different controller. I only see a power wire. If the controller won't remember it's settings, then there's nothing you can do to make it automatic.

21 - 39 of 39 Posts