Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello!
I have a question about upgrading my stock headlights to LED. And wanted to know if anyone knows what color temperature to use so it matches the daytime running LEDs
I have a 2015 1Lt 1.4 turbo.
Thanks!

·
Premium Member
1,013 Posts
Hello!
I have a question about upgrading my stock headlights to LED. And wanted to know if anyone knows what color temperature to use so it matches the daytime running LEDs
I have a 2015 1Lt 1.4 turbo.
Thanks!
5000-6000K......but everyone is going to tell you not to and how dangerous it is for you and others (if you're using the factory not projector housings) so I would recommend against it.

·
10,712 Posts
5000-6000K......but everyone is going to tell you not to and how dangerous it is for you and others (if you're using the factory not projector housings) so I would recommend against it.
Headlight housings are calibrated to the bulbs. the filament of HIDs is not in the same spot of the bulb as halogen so they hit the reflectors differently and cause diarrhea of light instead of clean usable light. LED's are too new a technology to just toss in so they don't work as well "as is" either. Aftermarket housings or retro fitted projectors cost more but are worth it. Just remember to keep or rebuy stock lights for when you go to sell the car as the dealership most likely will toss on OEM lights for safety inspection.

TL;DR Tossing lights in the stock housings "as is" usually end up being a really expensive high beam kit.

·
Registered
803 Posts
Search my posts and you will find my comments on LED headlights on the market.

In short, there is currently only ONE led headlight kit on the market that works quite well in the Cruze headlamp and that's the cn360 G7 LED headlight. These bulbs are branded under many different names but they are all the same.

It contains 4 genuine Philips Luxeon Z ES chips in 6000k for the low beam and another 4 for the high beam. In order to achieve the stock beam pattern you must remove the low beam shield as this is only needed for other bulb applications since this LED array is used as a universal application for all hi/lo beam bulbs. The tiny FLAT emitters closely resemble a halogen filament due to its compact size and its alignment. Other bulbs are the market use emitters that are domed (like Cree) or are flat but have too large of a surface area (like COB chips) that end up illuminating too much of the reflector in the wrong areas which cause excessive glare and a horrible beam pattern.

The color for the cn360 G7 is most likely a close match to the stock DRLs (which utilize Philips Luxeon Rebel chips in 5500k) however because both contain different chips with a slightly different color temp there is no way to make them EXACTLY the same but for the most part should look close enough.

Attachments

1 - 5 of 5 Posts