Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
2014 Chevrolet Cruze LT/RS, 1.4L 4-cyl Turbo
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
‘14 Cruze LT. Headlights I have determined are H13, and I was gonna get the ZZP led kit, unless there is a better recommendation. I’m trying to figure out what the fog light bulbs are, though. Or are they not bulbs? Any input would be appreciated.

·
Super Moderator
2015 Chevrolet Cruze LT 1.4L Turbo
2,894 Posts

·
Super Moderator
2015 Chevrolet Cruze LT 1.4L Turbo
2,894 Posts
Does it list what type? Also, what about LED?
That's the only fog light bulb Napa listed. According to the part number I believe it's a H8 type bulb.

·
Premium Member
2,694 Posts
Reactions: Blasirl

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·

·
Premium Member
2,694 Posts
Reactions: MP81

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Reactions: Rivergoer

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·

·
Premium Member
2014 Cruze Diesel, 2007 Cobalt, 1981 Camaro Z28, 2017 Volt
5,224 Posts
You can select either 3000K or 6000K when you buy them.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·

·
Premium Member
5,224 Posts
Ah, I see what you meant now.

·
Premium Member
2,694 Posts
Do you have any personal experience? Want to get them LED for the white color but all of the reviews are the yellow color :/
I’ve got their license plate LEDs and love em. I think they come in 3 brightnesses and I went with the middle one (the dimmest one wasn’t bright enough for me).

No experience with headlights or fogs

·
Super Moderator
2014 LT program car, Pull Me Over Red
10,958 Posts
Just remember that legally no vendor is able to sell aftermarket LED headlight replacements for a vehicle that came with Halogens.

"... It might be stating the obvious, but your car's headlights are a safety device, and not all headlights are created equal. For a while, carmakers have been fitting powerful LED headlights to their high-end offerings, but more often than not, their cheaper cars—and particularly cheaper trim levels—get saddled with much-weaker illumination. But sometimes a commuter wants to see more of where they're going when the sun goes down. Eventually, they go looking for a solution, starting with their local automotive parts store. But stuffing aftermarket LED headlight bulbs into OEM housings designed for conventional halogen units results in dangerous glare for oncoming drivers. While LEDs can deliver more intense light at a higher end of the spectrum, most aftermarket units also create a hazardous condition.

The major brick-and-mortar auto parts stores know this, which is why they tend to shy away from aftermarket H11 LED bulbs, other than ones clearly marked for use in fog lamps or "for off-road use only." It's a different world online, with off-brand H11 LED bulb listings on Amazon, eBay, and Walmart websites failing to carry the same prominent warnings.

You can get pulled over for non-spec headlamps, and for a good reason. In addition to issuing a citation, the law enforcement officer may have the legal right to force you to remove the bulbs. More ominously, once the officer has pulled you over, you risk a vehicle search. With all that in mind, it would be wise to keep a set of securely packaged OEM bulbs in the glovebox or trunk if you are running aftermarket LEDs...."

·
Premium Member
2013 Cruze LT
2,888 Posts
Just remember that legally no vendor is able to sell aftermarket LED headlight replacements for a vehicle that came with Halogens.

"... It might be stating the obvious, but your car's headlights are a safety device, and not all headlights are created equal. For a while, carmakers have been fitting powerful LED headlights to their high-end offerings, but more often than not, their cheaper cars—and particularly cheaper trim levels—get saddled with much-weaker illumination. But sometimes a commuter wants to see more of where they're going when the sun goes down. Eventually, they go looking for a solution, starting with their local automotive parts store. But stuffing aftermarket LED headlight bulbs into OEM housings designed for conventional halogen units results in dangerous glare for oncoming drivers. While LEDs can deliver more intense light at a higher end of the spectrum, most aftermarket units also create a hazardous condition.

The major brick-and-mortar auto parts stores know this, which is why they tend to shy away from aftermarket H11 LED bulbs, other than ones clearly marked for use in fog lamps or "for off-road use only." It's a different world online, with off-brand H11 LED bulb listings on Amazon, eBay, and Walmart websites failing to carry the same prominent warnings.

You can get pulled over for non-spec headlamps, and for a good reason. In addition to issuing a citation, the law enforcement officer may have the legal right to force you to remove the bulbs. More ominously, once the officer has pulled you over, you risk a vehicle search. With all that in mind, it would be wise to keep a set of securely packaged OEM bulbs in the glovebox or trunk if you are running aftermarket LEDs...."

There is no way that gives them a cause to search your vehicle LOL 😄

These work great for headlights: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07JG3BBKK/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o07_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

They have the LED chips in the same spot as a filamant bulb, so therefore they are exactly the same in performance as halogenas far as light pattern. I don't see how it can be argued anymore that they aren't... Now the ones back in the day that just had random chips in a 360 circle, those are bad. you have ot use an allen screw and get the alignment totally right, takes awhile. But I did it and there is no difference on the wall from each beam other than brightness and color. I will post a comparison if we really want to get into this.

·
Super Moderator
2014 LT program car, Pull Me Over Red
10,958 Posts
There is no way that gives them a cause to search your vehicle LOL 😄

These work great for headlights: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07JG3BBKK/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o07_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

They have the LED chips in the same spot as a filamant bulb, so therefore they are exactly the same in performance as halogenas far as light pattern. I don't see how it can be argued anymore that they aren't... Now the ones back in the day that just had random chips in a 360 circle, those are bad. you have ot use an allen screw and get the alignment totally right, takes awhile. But I did it and there is no difference on the wall from each beam other than brightness and color. I will post a comparison if we really want to get into this.
I am not sure what you mean by "back in the day", but this article is from 2020. I also spent a good deal of time trying to find the US DOT approval for the lamps you suggested and found nothing so far. This very subject has been discussed on the forum extensively and so far, no one that is reputable has been able to create an LED replacement lamp for the Cruze that actually works with the stock housing, and I do not mean that it does not fit, as many do, but that the beam pattern it creates is no where near correct.

If you can find some that are verifiably DOT approved, I am all in as the stock halogens suck.

·
Premium Member
5,224 Posts
If the LEDs are correctly positioned at the 9 and 3 o'clock positions, they will have the correct pattern, and many do.

Whether or not the truly have better brightness is another thing entirely, and generally relevant to the bulb itself.

The GTR Ultra 2.0s in this thread show that they have the same (if not a slightly better) pattern as the factory halogens. These are factory projectors, though, so that's worth mentioning.

Reactions: Thebigzeus

·
Premium Member
2013 Cruze LT
2,888 Posts
If the LEDs are correctly positioned at the 9 and 3 o'clock positions, they will have the correct pattern, and many do.

My point exactly.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts