Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner

LED/HID overkill? Maybe....but oh well!!

3893 Views 25 Replies 12 Participants Last post by  soccer33
Installed 6 small universal LEDs in the lower grill today! I didn't realize how over the top the front end would look once it got dark but....it is what it is! Lol it took too long to install to just take them out now! It's def not hard to see when it's dark that's for sure and plus I think they are growing on me! What do you guys thinking? Thanks

KY

Yah or Nah!?

Land vehicle Vehicle Car Mid-size car Transport

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

· Premium Member
6,727 Posts
Where when and how would you be able to draw that conclusion from ?
Light output, LED strips are one thing, these are putting out as much as a low beam light. Most if not all states have laws about the amount of headlights or light output a car can have on the street.

EDIT: I don't know the OP state, if I did I could easily point to the law in their area. Here is an example of how this would be illegal in my state. For reference 300 candle power is less than 4000 lumens. https://docs.legis.wisconsin.gov/statutes/statutes/347/II/07

· Premium Member
6,727 Posts
I've had the HIDs in the reflectives long before I became a member on this site and I'm not willing to drop alotta $$$ on retrofits just bc everyone on here complains about it!
It not about you saving money, its about not blinding other drivers on the road so its a safety thing. You know its illegal so don't be surprised about getting pulled over for it sometime, doesn't matter how long you have done it for. Also I'm not sure the point of adding all those high output LED lights to the front if you claim you don't use them on the street.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.