Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner

1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
. So after 4 months did the first change. I ordered a pair of 5 dollar LED from eBay. haven't done LED's on any of my cars so thought i'ls give it a chance. Picked out some white lisence plate lights to start,Gotta say I liked the change....First day on the Forum too, havin fun!:th_dblthumb2:
lisence plate light 1.JPG
lisence plate light 2.JPG

·
Registered
1,121 Posts
First of welcome to the forum. And I agree I really like the look so much better than the halogens. Now you gotta get some more for the interior.

Sent from my Transformer TF101 using AutoGuide App

·
Resident Derp
2,815 Posts
Got any install [how to] pics? Never know when they could help someone

·
Registered
389 Posts

·
Registered
389 Posts
Thanks! Are the alot brighter?

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter #11

·
Contest Manager
2,253 Posts
Just got my LEDs in today. Came with a free company decal and a 10% off next purchase code like always:) small ones have 5 white SMD LEDs larger ones have 9 white SMD LEDs. Going to replace the license plate bulbs, interior dome, and trunk bulb.

The 3 installs below are to show you what type of LEDs are best fitted per application. And to make install go with ease.

Sent from my Autoguide iPhone 4 app

Attachments

·
Contest Manager
2,253 Posts
Here is the before/after install ImageUploadedByAutoguide1325972039.399154.jpg
2 Philips head screws per light housing.
ImageUploadedByAutoguide1325972163.166458.jpg
Pulls right out but the electric lines will be very snug. just pull enough to get a grip on the bulb holder.
ImageUploadedByAutoguide1325972304.175234.jpg
Just pull the bulb out and insert the replacement. Have a pair of needle nose pliers near by just incase it's stubborn.
ImageUploadedByAutoguide1325972389.981302.jpg
Check process
ImageUploadedByAutoguide1325972445.695226.jpg
Just reverse the process and your done.

·
Contest Manager
2,253 Posts
Trunk light
ImageUploadedByAutoguide1325973069.242139.jpg
ImageUploadedByAutoguide1325973118.681740.jpg
Use your flathead screwdriver and stick it in the slot and pop out the one side and the assembly will pull out with ease. Just press the tab to release the assembly from electric lines.
ImageUploadedByAutoguide1325973282.216210.jpg
ImageUploadedByAutoguide1325973332.578828.jpg
Replace bulb and reverse process.

·
Registered
904 Posts
Just curious. Why do you want brighter license plate lights? I ask because many people go to lengths trying to obscure the plate.

And, did you do the map lights also?

·
Registered
1,121 Posts
Well I did them because they are a 6000k light color like me 6000k hid headlights. So they match the headlights and I think it looks cool.

Sent from my DROID X2 using AutoGuide App

·
Resident Derp
2,815 Posts
Just got my LEDs in today. Came with a free company decal and a 10% off next purchase code like always:) small ones have 5 white SMD LEDs larger ones have 9 white SMD LEDs. Going to replace the license plate bulbs, interior dome, and trunk bulb.

The 3 installs below are to show you what type of LEDs are best fitted per application. And to make install go with ease.

Those were the 194 9-5050 SMD's right? For the Lisence Plates of course

Well I did them because they are a 6000k light color like me 6000k hid headlights. So they match the headlights and I think it looks cool.

Sent from my DROID X2 using AutoGuide App

The answer for ANY why did you do it question[Lookwise]. Looks good though, if its cheap I might do mine.

·
Registered
273 Posts

Hey which LEDs did you get for the interior dome and trunk? I went to diode dynamics website and the only thing they have listed for the cruze are HID conversion for the headlights.

1 - 20 of 41 Posts