Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Premium Member
733 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
After a snowy drive home from work and backing into my driveway, my backup camera image was white. I went outside to check out what was going on to discover this!
Automotive lighting Light Red Headlamp Snow
I guess I found the problem.

But enough about that. Upon discovering this and clearing away the backup camera, I noticed the left LED license plate light I installed was flickering. The right one appeared dimmer than the left one when it flickered to high brightness. Could these simply be faulty bulbs or maybe the wrong bulb for the application? I have extras I can put in for now. These ones seem to have lasted me about 6 months and were dirt cheap. Maybe I should find something more expensive to use? What is everyone here that has installed LED bulbs using? I'm thinking these are just the wrong bulb for the application and the diodes on the bulb are flickering and burning out one by one.

Here's a video of the issue for your viewing pleasure.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JTchm6zJeLI

·
Premium Member
8,003 Posts
Maybe I should find something more expensive to use? What is everyone here that has installed LED bulbs using? I'm thinking these are just the wrong bulb for the application and the diodes on the bulb are flickering and burning out one by one.
I'm thinking flaky drivers. Perhaps caused by the cold.

I'm using the Diode Dynamics HP3. Once you discover you have to spread the wire base a little bit to make contact - zero problems.

Reactions: LiveTrash

·
Premium Member
733 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Once you discover you have to spread the wire base a little bit to make contact - zero problems.
Maybe this could be the problem, bad contact? I'll check it out tomorrow!

·
2,170 Posts
Interesting, I noticed about 4 months after installing them, my right license plate LED is much dimmer than the left one. I may have to check on this as well.

·
2,254 Posts
+1 on the Diode Dynamics HP3. No problems so far.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 - 5 of 5 Posts