Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
203 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
2017 Hatch. Looked in owners manual and it says backup lamp is a 921. So I ordered a pair of 921 bulbs from Diode Dynamics.

Only problem...ITS NOT A 921!!!!!!!

The bulb says W21W which cross references to a 7440.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
5,535 Posts
Interesting.......dimension seems the same.....wedge terminal type.......the only difference (conventional bulbs) seems to be wattage output.

Did you try the new (led) bulbs yet?

Rob

·
Registered
203 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Interesting.......dimension seems the same.....wedge terminal type.......the only difference (conventional bulbs) seems to be wattage output.

Did you try the new (led) bulbs yet?

Rob
Yeah they don’t fit. At all.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
53 Posts
I tried a set of 7440 LED bulbs in the reverse sockets. I could not get them to come on at all. So I just put in 7440 Silverstar bulbs instead.
As a side note I also ordered 921 led bulbs and found out they don't fit prior.

·
Registered
203 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Diode Dynamics has been awesome. They are sending me the other bulbs and a RMA in the same box. I haven’t even returned the first set. Extremely trusting and customer service is awesome

·
Premium Member
8,003 Posts
I tried a set of 7440 LED bulbs in the reverse sockets. I could not get them to come on at all. So I just put in 7440 Silverstar bulbs instead.
Two possibilities: Some LED bulbs are polarity sensitive. So, you may have to pull them out and turn them around.

Second, (and I've experienced this), some LEDs have very narrow leads on the base where the standard bulbs have a "u-turn" shaped wire that give them a wider contact surface. If the fingers in the socket doesn't perfectly align with the narrow LED leads, it won't work. I've had to bend the leads a bit to go across the base at a slight angle and then they work just fine.

·
Premium Member
53 Posts
Two possibilities: Some LED bulbs are polarity sensitive. So, you may have to pull them out and turn them around.

Second, (and I've experienced this), some LEDs have very narrow leads on the base where the standard bulbs have a "u-turn" shaped wire that give them a wider contact surface. If the fingers in the socket doesn't perfectly align with the narrow LED leads, it won't work. I've had to bend the leads a bit to go across the base at a slight angle and then they work just fine.
I will give this a try thanks.

·
Registered
203 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I have turned it each and every way. It never seems to fit. When the new ones arrive I will keep everyone updated.

·
Registered
203 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I went through the car and cataloged the bulbs. And my bulbs from Diode Dynamics came yesterday. But I will have a little delay in checking them because...

·
Registered
55 Posts
I've never personally tried it, so I cant be 100% sure, but I don't think that's how you are meant to change the fog light bulbs...

·
Premium Member
1,351 Posts
I went through the car and cataloged the bulbs. And my bulbs from Diode Dynamics came yesterday. But I will have a little delay in checking them because...

I’m sure there’s a much easier way to remove the bulbs.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Reactions: IPhantom
1 - 17 of 17 Posts