Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner

1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
418 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hey i just got my switchback signals and they work great. it cost me $40.00 and about 10mins they are really cool!!!

·
Registered
418 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I made them myself I made a video on them months ago its on my youtube, search Mrcruze87 or look for the thread thati made on here led fog lights. It took about 3hours I think and cost was super low

·
Registered
498 Posts
Looks good, can't wait to buy mine. Let us know on longevity, please.

Oh do you think you could get output pics/vid of just the led fogs at night? Comtemplating LEDs or OEM fogs... LEDs would be cheaper and different but wanna see what kind of light they put out.

·
Registered
22 Posts
how do those work? In europe we only have the turn signal in that lamp. Do you have some kind of light thats stays on all the time in US?

·
Premium Member
2,134 Posts
yeah the parking lights are in there, they aren't on all the time but but anytime the headlights are on they will be, or if you turn them on manually

·
Registered
498 Posts
Chef....were these plug and play, or was there extra wiring that had to be done?
Never installed switchbacks, but with leds in a turn signal a load resistor is required to make it flash at the appropriate speed. If no resistor is installed the the low voltage draw from the led will cause the computer to think the bulb is out and cause a 'hyperblink' meaning the turn signal will blink really fast.

·
Registered
73 Posts
Never installed switchbacks, but with leds in a turn signal a load resistor is required to make it flash at the appropriate speed. If no resistor is installed the the low voltage draw from the led will cause the computer to think the bulb is out and cause a 'hyperblink' meaning the turn signal will blink really fast.

You are correct, I have switchback bulbs in my Cruze. They do cause the computer to think its burnt out. The bulbs "hyperflash" and you get a message on the DIC to check front turn signal.

I have not put a resistor because I like the hyperflash effect. It makes looks more like a true LED light than just a bulb.

1 - 20 of 38 Posts