Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner
21 - 38 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
498 Posts
Two ways wire in a resistor;
Or wire a normal bulb into the circuit.

What each of these does is provide the ecu with enough power to show that the bulb is not burnt out. The hyperflash is the car's way of saying there is a bulb in need of replacing. LEDs draw so little voltage to operate that without either 'fix' above the ecu thinks the bulb is out even though the LED is functioning.

Not my picture, but this is the resitor. 50watt 6 ohm you can buy on ebay for 5-7 for a pair I think. One end to intermittent positive the other to negative.

CAUTION: These resistors get super hot and will melt anything non metal.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Not sure how people got these to work properly. Both my stock bulbs and the led replacements keep the running lights on while it signals. With the stock bulbs its easy to notice the second filament light up but with the leds the amber lights cant be seen over the white ones. Is there some kind of setting or step I missed?

·
Registered
73 Posts
ty367:

Not sure what is happening with your signals, but the Switchback LED's are designed to switch color when the turn signal is activated. You might have an electrical issue. Are you using the resistors, if so try it without and see what happens.

·
Registered
73 Posts

·
Premium Member
242 Posts
I just ordered some led turn signals(just amber switchback will get me pulled over) and some reverse lights. Also picked up resistors for the turn signals. I plan to finish my led lights ( tail lights, side marker,and interior lighting this weekend.

·
Registered
42 Posts
I picked them up form Overdrive Automotive. They have resistors on them, if I take them off they start to hyper flash. Same issue as before, the whites never shut off as long as my headlights are on and now that I don't see daylight anymore that is every time I drive

·
Premium Member
242 Posts
I picked them up form Overdrive Automotive. They have resistors on them, if I take them off they start to hyper flash. Same issue as before, the whites never shut off as long as my headlights are on and now that I don't see daylight anymore that is every time I drive
got a link to their site?

·
Premium Member
242 Posts
Thanks that website was annoying me when I was looking at it. I'm looking for rear signal LEDs. I couldn't find them in stock at the other place I go.

·
Registered
481 Posts
hey ! i just picked up a set of led switchbacks from i jdm toy and they came with 2 resistors... but which 2 wires do i tap into , there is 3 , i think its 2 black wires and one green.

so which ones?

·
Registered
481 Posts
20120901_084538.jpg

i went and took a picture of the plug, which wires are witch? i need a: pos daytime running , pos turn signal , and the negative is the black one.

·
Registered
481 Posts
21 - 38 of 38 Posts