Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Okay so I posted this on another thread but thought I would start a new one to post pictures and a video. I installed these on a Saturday, took me about 6 hours start to finish but now that i know what to do it's probably a 2-3 hour job.

The install does require splicing into the factory harness (it is reversible) and you will have to cut a few of the harness that come with the lights to reroute the wires. However, I do have a couple pictures detailing what each wire controls so as long as you know the function of the original plugs (which is pretty easy bc they're all 2 wire except the brake/turn) routing the wires to the correct OEM wire is really easy.

The video does not capture the true colors. They are a very vibrant red and the turn signals are orange. I took this on my phone so the color rendering isn't great. Anyways, I love them - definitely worth The $400 and time to install. Enjoy!

https://youtu.be/dsp0pZET7l4

9CB1C903-CE1D-444C-9365-6BCA89B1C6F4_1555464108653.jpeg

·
Premium Member
733 Posts
Those look great. I like the sequential, Audi style turn signal too, nice little touch.

I spent about the same on my LED Spyder tails for my 2014. As you said, so worth it. A very nice upgrade from the bland, stock tails. Safer as well with the increased brightness.
cruze_tails.jpg

·
Registered
58 Posts
I was looking at these a couple days ago. If you are near me can I like pay you for labor to install these? Was seriously considering it.

·
Registered
830 Posts
Now if only they made them for the hatchback -_-

There's another thread stating that the 2019 hatch gets LED units but it's ~$1200 for the 4-piece set. Screw that lol

·
Registered
830 Posts

·
Registered
55 Posts
Those are for the sedan though, not the hatchback.
Indeed. I'll keep doing some more digging for you. Between Aliexpress, Ebay, and Amazon if you can't find it, it's probably not mass produced yet, and it would be harder to get a refund if it fails.

·
Registered
830 Posts
Yea I've already looked everywhere lol. The only option at the moment seems to be to order the 2019 factory ones at $1200 for the set. I'll pass lol

·
Registered
1 Posts
Okay so I posted this on another thread but thought I would start a new one to post pictures and a video. I installed these on a Saturday, took me about 6 hours start to finish but now that i know what to do it's probably a 2-3 hour job.

The install does require splicing into the factory harness (it is reversible) and you will have to cut a few of the harness that come with the lights to reroute the wires. However, I do have a couple pictures detailing what each wire controls so as long as you know the function of the original plugs (which is pretty easy bc they're all 2 wire except the brake/turn) routing the wires to the correct OEM wire is really easy.

The video does not capture the true colors. They are a very vibrant red and the turn signals are orange. I took this on my phone so the color rendering isn't great. Anyways, I love them - definitely worth The $400 and time to install. Enjoy!

View attachment 270601
When i tried to hook mine up i only had the signal brake\turn wire to play with. When testing it out the signal and brake wire would light up when using turn signals. However when i pressed on the brakes the turn signals would like up same way. So as a temp solution i didnt bother hooking up the sequential lights and just used the brake light as then turn signal as well. I saw your video and wish i knew how you separated the turn signal and brake. In your video when u pressed the brakes only the brakes would light up and for Signal both brakes and sequentials would light up. When i tested mine both would light up when i used the turn signal or brakes...if this makes sense...my install below.
IMG_20191013_115616_140.jpg

1 - 12 of 12 Posts