Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner

81 - 86 of 86 Posts

·
Registered
52 Posts
Hello everyone - I've been picking through this thread looking for suggestions for LED headlight bulbs for my 2014 -- but there are lots of dead link and missing images. It looks like H13 Gen 7 is what many went with - but is that still the case? Any specific recommended models? Thank you!

·
Registered
2 Posts
I personally upgraded stock bulbs to Hikari LEDs. Wicked bright, crisp and increased how far I could see after dark by probably 3x. I think I paid around $80 for them on Amazon, but IMO it was worth it. Install was a breeze too. I have a 2012 Eco.

·
Super Moderator
2014 LT program car, Pull Me Over Red
7,500 Posts
So far no one has managed to engineer an LED lamp to work with the stock Gen I Cruze housings. Go to any reputable LED manufacturer and they will tell you as much. Start with Diode Dynamics, one of our supporting vendors. They do not offer any.

EDIT: I am not referring to the fit as many will fit, only the function.

Diode Dynamics

·
Registered
435 Posts
So far no one has managed to engineer an LED lamp to work with the stock Gen I Cruze housings. Go to any reputable LED manufacturer and they will tell you as much. Start with Diode Dynamics, one of our supporting vendors. They do not offer any.

EDIT: I am not referring to the fit as many will fit, only the function.

Diode Dynamics
I agree. I've tried 2 different kits. Neither of them worked because you couldn't get the bulbs at the right angle. Upgraded halogen bulbs were much better than either LED kit I tried.

·
Registered
95 Posts
I personally upgraded stock bulbs to Hikari LEDs. Wicked bright, crisp and increased how far I could see after dark by probably 3x. I think I paid around $80 for them on Amazon, but IMO it was worth it. Install was a breeze too. I have a 2012 Eco.
The stock bulbs on my 12 eco are horrible Wonder if theres anywhere else to get these other then amazon.

·
Super Moderator
2014 LT program car, Pull Me Over Red
7,500 Posts
The stock bulbs on my 12 eco are horrible Wonder if theres anywhere else to get these other then amazon.
You are wasting money if you install LEDs on this vehicle, unless you buy new aftermarket headlights.

81 - 86 of 86 Posts