Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
110 Posts
The wiring is plain stupid, you'll find all your time is taken by installing everything,but before you start, how do you wish to use them? Welcome lights or just ambient driving lights?

Edit: Wait wtf just saw the price, $100 is just not worth it, this is what I bought:

LEDwholesalers 16.4ft RGB Color Changing Kit with LED Flexible Strip, Controller with 44-button Remote and Power Supply, 2034RGB+3315+3215 - Amazon.com
AGT (5 Pack) 30/40 AMP Relay Harness Spdt 12V Bosch Style (40AMP-HRNS) : Amazon.com : Automotive
Amazon.com : JACKYLED RGB Extension Cable Line 4 Color 10m for LED Strip RGB 5050 3528 Cord 4pin : Electrical Cables : Home Improvement

You get a complete RGB LED strip, and it's 16ft so you can do whatever you want with them, you aren't limited to 4, I installed them in all 4 footwells and in the reservoir area of the front doors (where the cup holders are), and I also installed 2 4ft in the trunk to get white light, and I STILL have leftover strip, wiring will be a little more complicated, but it'll be worth it.

I also installed them for welcome lights and with the headlights with the help of a relay, with only 1 use you might not need it.

·
Registered
110 Posts
Your best bet is on the led strip, its 256 million colors (RGB), cheaper and you get 5m of leds, 5m, you can still use the strip for other uses without the controller because color acts a a resistance ( - ) and you can use any combination of R+G+B.

If you want them on always with the car, hook to fuse #6 and voila, no biggie, controller has an on/off feature (derp), and it retains the same color after you turn the car on/off.

Did I mention the strips are cheaper and you get a whole lot more of strip which you can still use later?

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.