Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,066 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
When I was first in here say 15-17 it was buzzing with activity and members. Now it seems like it’s so much less.

·
Administrator
25,370 Posts
The car's not made anymore. A lot of the old timers have left and there weren't as many Gen 2 Cruzen sold as Gen 1.

·
Premium Member
2,066 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The car's not made anymore. A lot of the old timers have left and there weren't as many Gen 2 Cruzen sold as Gen 1.
Miss the old timers. We all had some very lively conversations back in those days. Just doesn’t feel the same anymore. It’s a shame small suv killed the Cruze.

·
Premium Member
5,187 Posts
I've mentioned this before, we used to have 200+ members online, with up to 20,000 visitors, this forums traffic was amazing. Then overnight we experienced new Forum software and right now I see 7 members online & 494 guests

·
Premium Member
2,066 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I've mentioned this before, we used to have 200+ members online, with up to 20,000 visitors, this forums traffic was amazing. Then overnight we experienced new Forum software and right now I see 7 members online & 494 guests
Wow that’s a big drop, I miss the activity.

·
Super Moderator
2014 LT program car, Pull Me Over Red
8,430 Posts
Wow that’s a big drop, I miss the activity.
If you need more interaction, you could bounce between here and the Facebook group. I personally am not a Facebooker, but a large number of the members here are.

You can try and introduce the newer crowd to the forum while you are there as well.

·
Premium Member
2,066 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
If you need more interaction, you could bounce between here and the Facebook group. I personally am not a Facebooker, but a large number of the members here are.

You can try and introduce the newer crowd to the forum while you are there as well.
I’m in there now and it’s kinda a train wreck. Then again it was also when I was super active around the last lordstown meeting

·
Premium Member
2,066 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
x2 on lotsa ppl sold their cars

x2 new forum software isnt great
Yah from the old one to this I can say I prefer the simpler old one. Any way to go back? Sucks folks sold the cars, figured there would be lots of used buyers joining now the the cars are needing repairs.

·
Premium Member
2013 Cruze 1LT
767 Posts
Yah from the old one to this I can say I prefer the simpler old one. Any way to go back? Sucks folks sold the cars, figured there would be lots of used buyers joining now the the cars are needing repairs.
I’m one of those used buyers

·
Registered
1,334 Posts
Maybe I'm someone who doesn't take well for change, but yes the new software of the forum is in my opinion harder to follow.

I don't care that it looks the same on a computer, vs. a phone, vs. a tablet.

There's a reason why the rockauto catalog is as quick as it is, it's simple. Anyone old enough to remember when all online forums had that folder structure?

I went to quote someone today in a thread, and I thought I quoted them correctly, and yet apparently it wasn't right.

To the form admins, Is there a way to bring back a more simplistic approach like the older format? If views go up, that's more add revenue.

This has way too many options for formatting, and you can't see more than 5 or 6 threads per page. Maybe there's a way around this, but honestly I don't have the time to relearn something. It should be intuitive and the user interface really isn't.

Anyway- Hello to the "oldtimers" hope everyone is doing well and is safe. Including Nick.. If you remember Nick, your an oldtimer!

·
Registered
1,860 Posts
Hey all. Im still here as well been gone awhile though. I sure miss the Lordstown meets. Still a lot of valuable info here and would hate to loose that.

·
Administrator
25,370 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,607 Posts
Along with a lot of work we did to make this more of a community.
Ditto...I can only add it I was late to the game but IT was fun while it lasted...(@brian v )

·
Super Moderator
2014 LT program car, Pull Me Over Red
8,430 Posts
Maybe I'm someone who doesn't take well for change, but yes the new software of the forum is in my opinion harder to follow.

I don't care that it looks the same on a computer, vs. a phone, vs. a tablet.

There's a reason why the rockauto catalog is as quick as it is, it's simple. Anyone old enough to remember when all online forums had that folder structure?

I went to quote someone today in a thread, and I thought I quoted them correctly, and yet apparently it wasn't right.

To the form admins, Is there a way to bring back a more simplistic approach like the older format? If views go up, that's more add revenue.

This has way too many options for formatting, and you can't see more than 5 or 6 threads per page. Maybe there's a way around this, but honestly I don't have the time to relearn something. It should be intuitive and the user interface really isn't.

Anyway- Hello to the "oldtimers" hope everyone is doing well and is safe. Including Nick.. If you remember Nick, your an oldtimer!
You have to go higher than the Admins, they just try to fix what was dumped in their lap.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts