Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner
1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
Administrator
15,750 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Most of you don't really know what it takes to be a moderator on a forum of this size, so I'd like to bring some perspective. Moderators on CruzeTalk have a few tasks that are unique to CruzeTalk.

1. Guide the direction of the forum toward succeeding in its mission to help other owners have the best ownership experience possible. This is something most people don't really think about, because it affects the rules we make, the decisions we make, and the losses we are required to incur for the benefit of the community. This also requires moderators to set an example and exercise a great deal of tact in responding to situations. Once you become a moderator, you simply can't afford to blow your top. Sometimes, I wish I wasn't a moderator anymore so I could tell people what I truly think, but then I'm reminded of my responsibility.

2. Manage the reported posts on the forum. All of the moderators collaborate on how to handle problems and situations that come along. Whenever a post is reported, we all get an e-mail that a new thread has been created in our reported section, containing the report itself and the post being reported. Since January 1st of this year, the CruzeTalk staff has responded to and dealt with 255 reports. That's more than one report per day.

3. Contribute to the discussions of the direction of the forum and how we as a team will handle issues, changes, and renovations.

4. Report issues with the forum and coordinate changes with the AutoGuide staff.

5. Put up with my shenanigans.

Admittedly, this all is quite a bit of unrecognized effort, so take a moment to thank the moderators for keeping this place running as smoothly as it does. This community wouldn't be what it is without them.

·
Premium Member
2,318 Posts
I've been a mod on forums before, so I have some small idea of the work involved.

This is one of the only social networks I use on a regular basis, so you guys all have my appreciation for volunteering your time to help others, as well as making this place worth hanging around. Thanks ❤

Sent with iLove

·
Registered
273 Posts
Now imagine being a mod on a board with 270k members with about 6k active average 24/7.

pirate4x4.com if you're interested. ;)

·
Administrator
15,750 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Now imagine being a mod on a board with 270k members with about 6k active average 24/7.

pirate4x4.com if you're interested. ;)
I've been there before. You get lost trying to find information. That was before I sold my 91 Toyota pickup. I'm sure they have far more moderators than we do.

·
Premium Member
759 Posts
Just another reason why people need to use the freaking search bar, non repeatable information.........Thanks moderators :eusa_clap:

·
Premium Member
3,975 Posts
Been there, done that for ten years or so, so I've handed out Reps and Likes to the Mods here. This is an extremely well run forum.

·
Epic Beard Man
5,389 Posts
A-dawg, every single one of your numbered points there can be answered with one word: boobies.

Think about it and try to prove said theory wrong...

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Registered
589 Posts
Thanks Guys! I've had to communicate with a few of you via private messaging and you've always been great to talk to! Don't know if you get paid but I vote for a raise if you do....

·
Lyrical Wordsmith
6,748 Posts
Mods are noobs.

I remember when Andrei became moderator. Back in my day there wasn't really much of a staff lol. 3 mods when I joined and a bunch of kids wanting to turbo their 1.8. Including me.

I no longer own a Cruze. I will probably never own a car for longer than what I owned my Cruze. But I can't come to give up this forum... it's a huge family for me. Community is great here. Plus J keeps making me laugh and Jon keeps making me want to Google boobs.

·
Epic Beard Man
5,389 Posts
Reactions: iKermit

·
Administrator
25,596 Posts
The only "paid" staff account is the "Administrator" account. The rest of us are volunteers. Now about those decals ...

1 - 20 of 41 Posts