Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner
1 - 20 of 105 Posts

·
Administrator
15,763 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
For manuals of course. There isn't anything out there that I've seen. Seems most companies are too scared of the lockout to design one.

Fortunately, I have a cousin who owns a CNC shop that would love to get us set up. These would screw right onto the stock shifter and would function like stock, retaining factory operation of the reverse lockout.

Who's interested?

If these would also fit the Sonic, we could get a pretty good price on a group buy. At least as far as CNC custom work is concerned.

Sent from AutoGuide.com App

·
Premium Member
485 Posts
Im in!

·
Premium Member
4,490 Posts
Could this possibly lead into custom designed models? If not still interested.

·
Premium Member
81 Posts
I'm in!

Sent from the one and only Galaxy S3-SS.

·
Administrator
15,763 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 · (Edited)
Alright. I think I've settled on a Type-R style shifter. This would be the most common and the most popular.

This google image is the best representation of what these would look like, minus the engraved shift pattern on the top:

I'm thinking exact dimensions will be slightly larger than the current shifter.

This will be machined out of solid aluminum. I can have my brother render the CAD drawings for the part, have my cousin machine me a test model, and I could have it in my hands mid next week. Since I have all of my resources in place, this is going to move quickly. A group buy will be started when I have a good, finalized design.

·
Premium Member
4,490 Posts
I like the idea of the Type-R style but I would like Cruze in the middle of the number.

I love this style of numbers
Car Vehicle Family car Gear shift Mid-size car

But love this color and style knob
Ball Family car Car Sports equipment

·
Administrator
15,763 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I'll see how much extra it would cost me to have something engraved at the top. Right now, the plan is to make them blank. Those who drive manuals don't need to be reminded where the gears are. If I can get engraving done, I'll let you know.

·
Premium Member
485 Posts
At Least engraved to say something like "Cruze" or "Cruze LT"

·
Premium Member
485 Posts

·
Super Moderator
5,194 Posts
I 'm in as long as it doesn't look like this: Games Recreation
Or maybe if it did, it would bring a sense of mystery to the car LOL. OK I'm in! How about the old Hurst T-bone shifter handle.(If any of you are old enough to remember that).

·
Registered
234 Posts
I can tell you right now, from having an engraved one in my cobalt, you're not going to want engraving in the top of the shifter. After a little bit of traffic you hand will be tore up.

Personally I'm a big fan of the stock shifter. This looks good but I hated the last metal shifter I had because I had to put a towel over it to drive it after the car sat in the heat all day

This brilliant insight is brought to you via my Galaxy SIII

1 - 20 of 105 Posts