Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member
8,002 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The set I have is dying. Looking for recommendations - preferably by those who have had them for some time. I like the cool white look of the LED over the stock bulbs.

·
Premium Member
2,647 Posts
Yep, I‘ve had the Diode Dynamics for about a year and like ’em a lot.

There were 3 brightness levels available, I chose the middle one. If I were to buy another set I’d probably go with the brightest level. But the middle level works fine for me now.

·
Premium Member
8,002 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Yes, I won a pair as MTM in May of 2015. They were good and customer service was great. However, after going though 3 sets, I need to look at something else. I had high hopes for the last set as they were clearly redesigned, but alas, it was not to be.

Reactions: Rivergoer

·
Premium Member
2014 Cruze Diesel, 2007 Cobalt, 1981 Camaro Z28, 2017 Volt
4,491 Posts
I have SuperbrightLEDs in ours. I also had them in the Cavalier for the license plate light, and have one in my Camaro's, as well. They've worked great for the few years I've had them.

·
Premium Member
8,002 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks. I'll give them a try.

I should add, the amber HP5 which has a heatsink has has been great. But the HP3 has been a disappointment.

·
Premium Member
8,002 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I owe Diode Dynamics a public apology. Their bulbs did NOT fail. They simply developed a poor connection causing the problem. I discovered this while replacing them. A bit of wiggle-wiggle and tightening of connections, and they're functioning as good as new. The prior ones did fail, but the "Newly-upgraded (Fall 2017) constant-current circuit." ones are holding out.

While the socket connection they make could be improved, I'll note that the replacement LEDs I started to install were worse.

So, anyone considering an HP3, can buy with confidence they won't fail prematurely.

Reactions: WillL84
1 - 8 of 8 Posts