Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
When I first signed onto the lease of my car, the full Onstar package was included, which had the option to view stats of my car.

One stat in particular I liked having was the 'lifetime MPG', as that seemed to be wholly independent from the trip odometers and such.

My Onstar subscription has since lapsed out, and I was downgraded to the standard Basic package. I was wondering if there is still a way for me to access the lifetime fuel economy. I can't get to it anymore through the RemoteLink app, and one would think it would be integrated into the car's systems natively.

Anyone have an idea?

·
Registered
3,340 Posts
Over 37,000km my lifetime is 37 mpg imperial. I do mostly city and from December until may we see an average temperature of -10°c. So the cold weather plus my average of 3 remote starts a day in the winter stops me from getting any higher.

·
Premium Member
249 Posts
I am sitting at almost 52 Mpg over the same distance money... those winter month drops hurt, especially in short trip urban driving in traffic, I am trying to stay below 6L/100km

·
Administrator, Resident Tater Salad
17,486 Posts
Keep track of your mileage at every fill-up with Fuelly or some phone app.

My car has maintained a 33.2 MPG average since I bought it, and spends most of its life in town.

·
Administrator
25,596 Posts
The badges you see here are generally Fuelly although there are a couple from Ecomodder. These two sites will track your lifetime fuel economy and both can be accessed from your mobile phone so you can record your fill ups before leaving the pump.

·
Premium Member
249 Posts
Keep track of your mileage at every fill-up with Fuelly or some phone app.

My car has maintained a 33.2 MPG average since I bought it, and spends most of its life in town.
LOL it is about the only thing that I am compulsive over, so much so that I track on two sites., IAW signature below.

myself, Oisiaa, and Blue Angel are giving all of the rice burning sub compacts a hard run for a spot on the top 50 on Ecomodder.com

·
Premium Member
2014 Cruze Diesel, 2007 Cobalt, 1981 Camaro Z28, 2017 Volt
5,892 Posts
Via Fuelly,

38.8 mpg over the 35,154 miles tracked (all since buying the car), with a best of 50.7 mpg. 58% highway/42% city.

·
10,712 Posts
I use fuelly but the app breaks when I need it. I may try and upload my last 3 fills tonight/tomorrow if it lets me.

My Lifetime was 34 but now 31. Looks like the harder I try the more it's not gonna change.

·
Registered
170 Posts
41 over 94K

·
2,254 Posts
Yeah I tried fuelly too, but the app was so buggy I deleted it.

OnStar app says 33 MPG over 32k.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: Merc6

·
10,712 Posts
Yeah I tried fuelly too, but the app was so buggy I deleted it.

OnStar app says 33 MPG over 32k.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Website is at times as well. I entered 3 fill ups and 2 days later I went to add one at the pump to find out the 3 prior didn't stay. I submitted my gallons, miles and location to find myself with 1000 MPG. With that kind of MPG I would gladly do uber or something that paid by the mile!

·
Premium Member
2014 Cruze Diesel, 2007 Cobalt, 1981 Camaro Z28, 2017 Volt
5,892 Posts
Website is at times as well. I entered 3 fill ups and 2 days later I went to add one at the pump to find out the 3 prior didn't stay. I submitted my gallons, miles and location to find myself with 1000 MPG. With that kind of MPG I would gladly do uber or something that paid by the mile!
The only issue I ever have with Fuelly (I only use the desktop site), is that sometimes it unlinks my Facebook account, for whatever reason.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts