Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner
21 - 22 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
81 Posts
By the way, amazon says 9012 is for dual beam(low and high) just like cruzes projectors and 9005 is only for low beam ... any comments on that?

·
Registered
1 Posts
I own a 2016 3/4 Cruze LT. it appears that some 2016 vehicles shipped with 2017 parts. Suspect this includes a new type of upscale headlamp assembly. It still includes the led daylight lights but the actual projector headlight is a single lens, single bulb system. Switching between high and low beam is done with a mechanical arm that blocks off part of the lens internally.
Download and check the 2017 Cruze owner's manual. That is what I see.
Yesss! I have a 2017 chevy Cruze LT my stock bulbs I took out were 9005. When I went to buy LED bulbs it said that 9005 was only a high beam, so I bought the h12 I believe? Which said it was a hi/low bulb. I had to return them because they didn’t fit. So I bought the 9005 since that’s what the stock were and they work as a high and low beam with the lens like you said. I don’t understand why everywhere I look it says those won’t fit or work for both and I need a different bulb. When they do work? Maybe I’m dumb but it’s confusing the hell out of me but I’m going to keep buying the 9005 since it’s works for both.

21 - 22 of 22 Posts