Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner

Light Miss When Cold

3K views 18 replies 6 participants last post by  obermd 
#1 ·
I just bought this 2015 Chevy Cruze LT 1.4L Turbo. I am having a problem when I first take off after the car has been parked overnight. It has a slight miss maybe once maybe twice then it’s fine. Have replaced plugs with acdelco iridium. Need to know what to do next. Car has 96000 miles.

#2 ·
I’ve been chasing this for months. Mine does the same thing. It lurches a few times around 20mph under light throttle only when cold. Replaced plugs and coil pack, regapped plugs. Thinking maybe fuel injector related, not sure anymore.

#17 ·
I just bought this 2015 Chevy Cruze LT 1.4L Turbo. I am having a problem when I first take off after the car has been parked overnight. It has a slight miss maybe once maybe twice then it’s fine. Have replaced plugs with acdelco iridium. Need to know what to do next. Car has 96000 miles.

You probably missed it but OP says in first post that he already changed plugs with Iridiums.
Looking for other possible solutions.
We're all trying to help.
Thanks for any input !! :cool:

#18 ·
<Moderator Hat On>
I've cleaned up the thread - let's keep this civil
</Moderator Hat Off>

#19 ·
OP,

What you describe sounds to me like the ABS self check. It occurs the first time you reach 20 KPH after starting the car and feels and sounds like the transmission is grinding. I can also see how this would be described as a misfire. It's noticeable in all weather conditions, but is much more noticeable when it's cold outside.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.