Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
1,529 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Chevy did for 2015 what they should have done years ago...put a good looking set of bezels and lights on the Cruze fascia. By this I mean the lights where the previous driving lights (that look horrible and totally out of place) were on 14 and older Cruze. Does the bezel and light fit the previous year cars?

·
Administrator
25,038 Posts
The entire front fascia was redesigned. The 2015 front end is not the same shape as the previous years. The flip side of this is that unless you get an RS trim you can't get OEM fog lights.

·
Premium Member
272 Posts
Disagree, the refreshed bumper cover looks partially melted around the grill opening and the (false) fog light assemblies are so huge they stretch the bumper around them. The original fog light assemblies were also a little large, but not nearly as bad. The only thing that really needs any help looks wise is the big black triangle behind the back doors, never was a fan of that piece in the Cruze's look.

·
Premium Member
6,918 Posts
Hate the 2015 look, however I think it would reduce an issue I have with my 2012 cruze daytime running lights. Anytime I'm turning during the day onto side streets, if another car is sitting at a stop sign on that street 99% of the time they don't move. I'm assuming they can't see my turn signal as its kinda obscured by the yellowish daytime headlight being in the same fixture.

This issue is even worse when turning left, as most of the time then they are sitting in my way making me slow down even more to get around the front of their car.

·
Premium Member
7,718 Posts
Hate the 2015 look, however I think it would reduce an issue I have with my 2012 cruze daytime running lights. Anytime I'm turning during the day onto side streets, if another car is sitting at a stop sign on that street 99% of the time they don't move. I'm assuming they can't see my turn signal as its kinda obscured by the yellowish daytime headlight being in the same fixture.
Maybe, but I notice at night that my turn signal lights up the signs on the other side of the intersection. Sure seems bright enough. Maybe it has more to do with where the light is aimed.

·
Administrator
25,038 Posts
The main head lights might be interchangeable, but the fogs and lower lights are definitely not interchangeable.

·
Premium Member
7,718 Posts
There are aftermarket LED DRLs for the older Cruzes. I haven't seen any like the 2015 with the DRL on top of the fog. I have seen some below and to the side of the fog light. And there are certainly plenty of options for those without fogs.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts