Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello i have a problem with my 2011 cruze ls. Lights turning on automaticly sometimes. And it killed my battery. I changed battery because i thought that lights come on because of battery problems. But after changing battery 2 days passed and lights came on again. Maybe someone knows where is the problem?
Thank you

·
Premium Member
8,003 Posts
Please define "Automatically". When the car is running, the lights do come on automatically when it gets dark. There's also DRL's that run the headlights at low power as long as the car is on and in gear.

Some commands sent from the keyfob will cause the lights to come on.

But in each case, the lights should go off after a bit when the car is off.

·
Registered
3,447 Posts
Please define "Automatically". When the car is running, the lights do come on automatically when it gets dark. There's also DRL's that run the headlights at low power as long as the car is on and in gear.

Some commands sent from the keyfob will cause the lights to come on.

But in each case, the lights should go off after a bit when the car is off.
They come on in sunlight also if the battery is bad. Like going under a overpass and you're in the shade. And they don't shut off. Till the car is restarted.

That's what my 17 did before the battery finally got warranteed.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Lights came on even when my car was locked and nobody touched it. I checked negarive battery cable it looks ok, no rusts.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I was not accurate sorry. By lights i mean headlights and parking lights in frond and back. By automaticly i am saying that nobody turned them on and car was locked.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I just removed negative cable from baterry and when i am putting it on ignition comes on together with lights. So maybe it is a negative battery cable issue and sometimes it loses connection and when it connects again lights comes on?
I hope you can understand, my english is bad :D

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Yes, but in that thread where is no information how to diagnose this problem. As i said in both ends contacts looks fine. Or is it with the cable it self?

·
Super Moderator
5,165 Posts
As far as diagnoses: It would fall under the category of strange things happening electrically. Yes the contacts can look fine but the problem is not so much as looking OK as "loose" or not tight.

·
Premium Member
5,535 Posts
The resistance develops inside the cable end at the battery terminal.
The crimp was inadequate and over time resistance develops......there is nothing visible.

The service bulletin indicates the cable should be replaced if the operator is experiencing certain electrical concerns.......look at post #11.

I agree that cable replacement should take place before trying to diagnose anything but I suspect you have something else going on.
I won't speculate at this point........this is not a concern that has come up on the forum, so, not much to go on.

Rob

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
I am from Lithuania. I am trying to save my time, i would have to wait for few weeks to get my cruze fixed.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts