Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Forgive me if this is the wrong sub forum for this.
Ive got a 2015 cruze LT with the turbo...yayyyy me,lol
Anyway, I noticed that the, at least, 2015s have the led drl on the bumper.
With the headlights on, in previous years the amber lights in the headlights came on as well.
On the 2015s the headlights only come on and the amber lights up with the corresponding turn signal command.
Is there anyway to have to amber bulbs in the headlamps come on along or separate when the parking lights or headlights are turned on?

·
Premium Member
8,003 Posts
Probably not without some wiring modification.

I believe the purpose of the parking light with headlight is to mark the edge of the car should the headlight burn out. (So you don't get mistaken for a motorcycle.) But since you have DRLs that do the same function, they don't use the parking lights.

·
Premium Member
733 Posts
If they're still using the dual filament bulb that's used in previous models, you should be able to wire this up just fine. However, as ChevyGuy said, it will require running some new wires. How you would like to do that is up to you.

·
Premium Member
8,003 Posts
First, I'd get a headlight and parking light "extension" from eBay or such place. That way you're not hacking up your wiring harness. You can remove it at any time and return to stock.

Use the low beam to pull in a relay. When pulled in, it would connect the parking light to the headlights. When the relay is "off" it connects the parking light to the normal parking light wire.

Be sure to put a diode across the relay coil so you don't zap the BCM.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts