Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,382 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Guys-

I know there's several of you using Torque for monitoring the Cruze, and I have searched Torque App here on the forum and done some reading. Is there a list of parameters or PID's that are GM specific for the Cruze that Torque displays? Could someone point to a list potentially of PID's that work for the cruze?

Can it communicate with more than just the powertrain control module? I don't think you can see error codes from the BCM such as the wheel bearing speed sensors, or commanded vs actual shift times for the automatic transmission can you?

I suspect it does just powertrain codes, and engine management readings? Fuel, Knock, air temp ect?

This is my first CAN BUS car, but on previous cars I've been using Alex Peper's car-code software, and while this software has an ancient interface, runs on Windows 3.X or Windows 95, it showed and logged over 150 vehicle specific parameters for GM based on engine type. Like all the cars with the 3.8L, or the 2.8L ect. The problem is this developer got hit in a bycycle accident, and his website has not been updated in nearly 3 years. (Yes this was serial connected to an ancient labtop in the passenger seat, but I've yet to see something that comes close to capabilities.)

Torque seems like a good generic scan tool for $30 bucks, but is there anything out there people are using to read other codes besides standard Powertrain P codes? Commicication with the BCM, Electronic brake controller (Wheel speed sensors), Powertrain control module, and instrument cluster?

Thanks-

·
Premium Member
1,673 Posts
Torque pro can read anything that will come out through the ODBII port. As for all the PIDs, I do not have a list of them, but it would be nice to have if anyone does.

·
Premium Member
1,943 Posts
I also have Torque Pro but to me, half of the pids that do work I don't even care about. To be perfectly honest, I still use Torque Lite (the free app) much more often.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts