Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
To whomsoever, it may concern.I bought a preowned Chevy Cruze off from a local dealership Jim Ellis here in Atlanta after driving for 4 months extremely putting just a little over 25k miles ended up with the following issues Intake manifold, Valve Cover, PCV valve, oxygen sensors b1 & s1, Air filter additional technical codes (p0030, p0132, p0135. p1101).So, a week ago I picked up my car from the service center after a regular general service check up they replaced my oil and the air filter with multi inspection point didn't see any major issues appearing on my service receipt and definitely nothing suspiciously concerning to my attention until a week after yesterday the engine light popped up on my cluster.And, just like any other ordinary person would do I took it down to the dealership and had them look around to see what's going on with the car they wouldn't tell me right away but said to come back today.Earlier, before leaving the house I called them up and asked if anything is covered under the warranty and the sales rep straight up refused and told me I cant make claim on these parts.Therefore, I wanna know if they are lying to rip me off without providing any solid explanation as to why I cannot claim my extended warranty when My car didn't even hit 100k.Anyone's help is truly appreciated because this sort of things are alien to me and clearly don't understand the concept behind making claims on the extended warranty.Thanks a bunch!

·
Administrator
25,596 Posts
Model year and first date put into service? It could be the car has calendar aged out of warranty.

·
Premium Member
8,003 Posts
Until the dealer knows what parts are bad, they have no idea if it's covered by warranty or not. They will avoid making anything that sounds like "it's covered" until they're done working on the car.

·
Super Moderator
2014 LT program car, Pull Me Over Red
11,665 Posts
To whomsoever, it may concern.I bought a preowned Chevy Cruze off from a local dealership Jim Ellis here in Atlanta after driving for 4 months extremely putting just a little over 25k miles ended up with the following issues Intake manifold, Valve Cover, PCV valve, oxygen sensors b1 & s1, Air filter additional technical codes (p0030, p0132, p0135. p1101).So, a week ago I picked up my car from the service center after a regular general service check up they replaced my oil and the air filter with multi inspection point didn't see any major issues appearing on my service receipt and definitely nothing suspiciously concerning to my attention until a week after yesterday the engine light popped up on my cluster.And, just like any other ordinary person would do I took it down to the dealership and had them look around to see what's going on with the car they wouldn't tell me right away but said to come back today.Earlier, before leaving the house I called them up and asked if anything is covered under the warranty and the sales rep straight up refused and told me I cant make claim on these parts.Therefore, I wanna know if they are lying to rip me off without providing any solid explanation as to why I cannot claim my extended warranty when My car didn't even hit 100k.Anyone's help is truly appreciated because this sort of things are alien to me and clearly don't understand the concept behind making claims on the extended warranty.Thanks a bunch!

Welcome Aboard!:welcome:

You should introduce yourself and your Cruze here.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts