Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
12 Cruze Ls 83xxx. The first thing is the fact that it will idle rough SOMETIMES at times you dont even know its runing, it has new NGK plugs gapped at .29 any thoughts on that? Next thing im noticing is it shakes at speed. It is a very light shake 40-45 then 45-50ish it is more prominate. 53-65 it is pretty bad and i cant i figure it out. Ill tell you i feel it more in my butt and feet than in the wheel but i can feel it very lightly through the wheel. Now after the trans was tore out and rebuilt i get a noise on excel that sounds and kind of feels like a bolt sliding through something. Idk if anyone can help or not but hey worth a shot! Thank you in advance!!!

Sent from my LGMS550 using Tapatalk

·
Super Moderator
2014 LT program car, Pull Me Over Red
10,959 Posts
If I haven't already said so - Welcome Aboard!:welcome:

I have read a number of posts today and I think one of the active ones speaks to ensuring you have the coil boots on well. If you recently replaced / regapped your plugs that may be the issue. I will try and find the post and let you know. But until then check this post.

·
Administrator
25,608 Posts
The shaking at speed usually points to balance/alignment issues. Get your tires spin balanced and then get a four wheel true (not thrust) alignment done.

·
Registered
753 Posts
Check your plugs and boots. I changed mine at 35k. At 40k I noticed little rough idle and a surge when I would first come to a stop. I checked my plugs and while you are standing in front of the motor, left to right the first 2 were very loose. I did not use a torque wrench and I regret it now. I went out and bought one and tightened to 18 ft pds and I can tell an immediate difference. Im using the ac Delco plugs came gapped at .025. The engine is quieter and runs smoother than before. 2014 lt 1.4L automatic. Car runs better than ever. Got tires to chirp in manual mode 2nd gear at wot. Samething in automatic it now spins the tire, little chirp when wot. Plugs seemed to still be in very good condition as well. Only had 5k miles on them. From my experience get a torque wrench and tighten them to specs and make sure they are all the same gap. Nice improvement. Edit: bought car brand new and factory gaps at 35k were gapped .022 and some as low as .02

Attachments

·
Registered
753 Posts
My car has never seen ethanol fuel except maybe when the dealer put some in. I have 3 ethanol free fuel places in my town and I have an app that shows me locations that offer ethanol free fuel when I'm out and about.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts