Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner
1 - 20 of 49 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,475 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This thing was killing power, so terribly designed. Idk if the cai is any better but if your tuning the sri, please data log and reflash asap

·
Registered
2012 Chevy Cruze 1.8 (soon to be 1.8t) LS... white
787 Posts
Do you have anything that shows it's killing power? I was thinking about getting one in the future. NOT. Okay, I had thought about it, but I like my warranty. :)

·
Registered
665 Posts
Do you have anything that shows it's killing power? I was thinking about getting one in the future. NOT. Okay, I had thought about it, but I like my warranty. :)
Pretty much impossible to prove you had a SRI installed if you have the stock handy. It only takes 3 minutes to swap.

·
FI Lunatic
1,380 Posts
:confused:

·
Premium Member
2,475 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I just got done with done data logging and found it was over reporting air flow which is total opposite of normal intakes. I was listing power and 5 to 6800 rpm was all kind of messed up

·
Premium Member
286 Posts
It's illegal to void a warranty over the installation of aftermarker parts unless proof is shown that the aftermarket part is responsible for causing damage.

·
Registered
665 Posts
It's illegal to void a warranty over the installation of aftermarker parts unless proof is shown that the aftermarket part is responsible for causing damage.
Actually there is an exception to this. Anything that has to do with emissions need to be certified that it meets the same specifications as the original part. Non-certified parts do void your warranty.

Emmission parts (per the EPA) are:

Exhaust Gas Conversion Systems

oxygen sensor thermal reactor
catalytic converter dual-walled exhaust pipe

Exhaust Gas Recirculation System

EGR valve thermal vacuum switch
EGR solenoid EGR spacer plate
EGR backpressure transducer Sensor and switches use to
control EGR flow

Evaporative Emission Control System

purge valve fuel filler cap
purge solenoid vapor storage canister and filter

Positive Crankcase Ventilation (PCV) System

PCV valve PCV solenoid

Air Injection System

Air pump diverter, bypass, or gulp valve
reed valve anti-backfire or deceleration valve

Early Fuel Evaporative (EFE) System

EFE valve thermal vacuum switch
heat riser valve

Fuel Metering System

electronic control module (unit) or EFI air flow meter, computer
command module or mixture control unit, deceleration controls,
electronic choke, fuel injectors, fuel injection units and fuel
altitude compensator sensor, bars or rails for EFI or TBI systems,
mixture settings on sealed fuel mixture control solenoid, diaphragm
or other systems, fuel metering components that achieve closed/other
feedback control sensors/loop operation switches and valves

Air Induction System

thermostatically controlled air cleaner, air box

Ignition Systems

electronic spark advance timing advance/retard systems,
high energy electronic ignition

Miscellaneous Parts

hoses, gaskets, brackets, clamps and other accessories used in the
above systems

Fuel Injection System

fuel distributor

Air Induction System

turbocharger intake manifold

Exhaust System

exhaust manifold

Ignition System

distributor spark plugs
ignition wires and coil

Miscellaneous Parts

hoses, gaskets, brackets, clamps, and other accessories used in
the above systems.

Catalytic converters.

The electronic emissions control unit or computer (ECU).

The onboard emissions diagnostic device or computer (OBD).

·
Premium Member
2,475 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
And most if not all aftermaket intake and exhausts are CARB legal
Anwyays... back on topic.

Should have bought the ZZP I think... But at least Vince was able to fix all the issues with it.

From 5k up it would hesitate due to the ECU seeing air flow numbers lower then it expected at that RPM

·
Registered
2012 Chevy Cruze 1.8 (soon to be 1.8t) LS... white
787 Posts
I'd rather not risk it. Adding a $300 dollar part that might get me a few more horsepower isn't worth the peace of mind I get having a warranty. Before I started my family, that was a different story. I had a neon with every bolt on imaginable.

Besides, once the warranty is up I wont have problem doing so and adding a tune. By then I should know how well these cars hold up with these couple of modifications.

·
Registered
1,138 Posts
Now that Vince knows the Injen intake and has this data log, he can get either intake to work just fine. Injen offers a full cold air compared to ZZP, which Injen is also cheaper/better value.

·
Premium Member
1,142 Posts
I just got done with done data logging and found it was over reporting air flow which is total opposite of normal intakes. I was listing power and 5 to 6800 rpm was all kind of messed up
This was clear to everyone who saw the dyno chart before the intake was released...

·
Premium Member
286 Posts
I'd rather not risk it. Adding a $300 dollar part that might get me a few more horsepower isn't worth the peace of mind I get having a warranty. Before I started my family, that was a different story. I had a neon with every bolt on imaginable.Besides, once the warranty is up I wont have problem doing so and adding a tune. By then I should know how well these cars hold up with these couple of modifications.
me too :(

·
Supporting Vendor
615 Posts
Yes, Vince has had the data logs from us for a while and corrected it in the tunes. I have yet to data log it with it modded by us in cai form and get that over to him.

·
Resident Secret Lover
2,217 Posts
Vince just got my datalogs this morning and I have the full CAI. I'll let everybody know whats up when I find out...

1 - 20 of 49 Posts