Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
148 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys, me again yayy!

So my newest issue that's been happening for a month now on my 2016 cruze with 7000 kms on it, is a constant buzzing vibration in the gas pedal. It's not a traditional vibration from a wheel balance issue, etc, but a buzzing. Think of like an electronic buzzing. It's so subtle that you barely feel it until you exit the car and your foot now has a buzzing tickling feeling on it. I feel it at all speeds, all rpms. I've only started noticing it for a month now and during this month we've had heat warnings in effect (34 celcius) so I'm not sure if this issue is weather dependent and will go away in the cold or not. I was thinking road vibration but the dealer mentioned how the car gas pedal isn't (or is?) drive-by-wire so It wouldn't be the road vibration. Plus, if it were the road vibration, it'd feel it from my other foot being against the floormat.

Any ideas? My last issue was a pulsating steering wheel and that went away when I pulled the stabilitrack fuse and re-inserted it. I'm wondering if it's something coinciding with that since the stabilitrack is always monitoring the gas pedal to know when to intervene in case you slide on the road. So maybe it's that?

I'm a computer IT guy and must solve ALL issues so this is driving me absolutely insane lol.

Thanks

·
Registered
148 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Forgot to mention: I tightened the bolt that connects the gas pedal to the inner sidewall so it's not that.

·
Premium Member
5,639 Posts
It could be Neuralgia. Do you ever experience a pulsating in your Groin?:uhh: In any case you should not be tightening any bolts on your new 2016 CRUZE and it should be brought into a Certified G.M. Dealership

·
Registered
148 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
It could be Neuralgia. Do you ever experience a pulsating in your Groin?:uhh: In any case you should not be tightening any bolts on your new 2016 CRUZE and it should be brought into a Certified G.M. Dealership
They say they don't feel anything. But anyone who drives the car has said it vibrates.

·
Premium Member
8,003 Posts
Is this a 2016 Limited (Gen1) or the "all new" 2016 (Gen2)? I know the Gen1 cars use throttle by wire, so there's no vibration that can be coming from the gas pedal. It would have to be a vibration that's just noticeable that way.

·
Resident Forum Drunkard
9,274 Posts
So wouldn't Gen 2 be the same with an electronic impulse ?

·
Registered
148 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 · (Edited)
Sorry it's a 2016 cruze limited. So not the newest one. So whatever it is, is causing buzzing vibration to the gas pedal so I'm wondering if it's hard to follow the pedal into the engine bay to see if maybe there's something that may be causing it? If I stick my foot on the bar that connects to the pedal, I can also feel the buzzing sensation. Is there a diagram somewhere that shows where the pedal goes to so I can perhaps follow it and see what's going on?

·
Premium Member
8,003 Posts
The pedal is connected to a sensor, which is connected to the wiring harness that probably goes to the ECM. It's not like the older cars where the pedal is connected to a cable that mechanically moves the throttle body or carburetor. You might want to eyeball it because it's going to have to be right around the pedal.

Reactions: obermd

·
Premium Member
4,142 Posts
Does the exhaust pipe run under the car where the pedal is?

·
Registered
148 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I get that it's probably going to be really hard to figure out what is sending these little buzzing vibration sensations to the gas pedal but is there a washer I can buy that would help absorb the vibration from the pedal? So like, if I bought a rubber washer and inserted it to the pedal's bolt attached to the inner firewall?

·
Premium Member
8,003 Posts
The vibration would have to be in the firewall and just coming through the pedal. The vibration isn't from the pedal itself since it's drive-by-wire and does not have any actuators or motors in it.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts