Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have had my Cruze for 3.5 years. Sadly on September 6th the vehicle was totaled. My wife was driving and did the tango with an 18 wheeler. Thank you Chevrolet for saving her life, all airbags deployed and she walked away (with help) with only a minor sprain and bruising. In August of last year my 1999 Chevrolet Blazer LT saved my life during a wrong way driver accident. The truck rolled 3 times. We purchased a 2014 Malibu 2LT 2.5I-4 same silver color as the Cruze. See you on the chevymalibuforum.com and gmtnation.com!

·
Premium Member
5,637 Posts
I have had my Cruze for 3.5 years. Sadly on September 6th the vehicle was totaled. My wife was driving and did the tango with an 18 wheeler. Thank you Chevrolet for saving her life, all airbags deployed and she walked away (with help) with only a minor sprain and bruising. In August of last year my 1999 Chevrolet Blazer LT saved my life during a wrong way driver accident. The truck rolled 3 times. We purchased a 2014 Malibu 2LT 2.5I-4 same silver color as the Cruze. See you on the chevymalibuforum.com and gmtnation.com!
I know you have most likely left by now, but too bad they didn't take her to the Hospital by ambulance to be checked out for any injuries and possible monetary compensation. If you knew how many Semi vs Car Injuries and Deaths there are each year. Mine cost a Trucking firm $200,000 and brought me to a 2014 Cruze!

·
Registered
3,802 Posts
85% of all cars vs. semis are caused by cars.

The other 15%. Caused by gooberment stupidity, ignorance, and over regulation. With a small percentage just flat out being stupid truckers who are just starting out in the profession because the old timers are retiring.

Course, as the rookie truck drivers take over, the ratio of rookies to veterans gets slimmer and slimmer. And even worse since the rookies figure out that the gooberment sucks and most will quit inside of 6 months. Causing a never ending cycle of rookies.

Now, I understand that we all gotta start out somewhere, somehow. But do we really like being on the road with the gates being open to an ever growing percentage of rookies.

THANK YOU GOOBERMENT. Can't wait till I RETIRE.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
She did go to the hospital to be checked out. The accident wasn't the truck drivers fault, she hit him. This was her first accident ever, and the insurance paid for everything (that's why we have it). We did ok with the Cruze since we overpaid every month we owed less then the insured value at the time of the accident. We got enough for a 2k down payment on the new car.

·
Premium Member
2,698 Posts
Glad everyone’s OK, could’ve been so much worse!

Enjoy the Malibu and may it keep you both safe.

Reactions: Sunline Fan

·
Premium Member
5,637 Posts
She did go to the hospital to be checked out. The accident wasn't the truck drivers fault, she hit him. This was her first accident ever, and the insurance paid for everything (that's why we have it). We did ok with the Cruze since we overpaid every month we owed less then the insured value at the time of the accident. We got enough for a 2k down payment on the new car.
Oh that does change things then however your wife didn't get hurt and in the end that's all that matters!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.