Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner

1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,071 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
whats the status on a emission delete. i read about federal crack downs, but can we still get it. just had the whole Exhaust fluid system replaced under warranty... again. if it was not for the special coverage could have well been 1k in repairs. since im at 40k and a 2015 im out of power train so time to yank the junk off the car. what are my options now?

·
Registered
504 Posts
Is the DEF system the only issue you've had? It's covered 10 yrs/120K miles by Special tech Bulletin. If your only issues have been covered it's better to leave as is.

·
Premium Member
2014 Cruze Diesel, 2007 Cobalt, 1981 Camaro Z28, 2017 Volt
4,308 Posts
whats the status on a emission delete. i read about federal crack downs, but can we still get it.
Long answer: Yes, if you have a lot of money, and can find one.

Shorter, more realistic answer: No.

·
Premium Member
2,071 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Is the DEF system the only issue you've had? It's covered 10 yrs/120K miles by Special tech Bulletin. If your only issues have been covered it's better to leave as is.
Nope 2 tanks replaced, one count doe to slow down. Thankfully under warranty but this is a life long car for me not a trade in 10 years after so I want the best solution. Going the Chevy each time and nearly paying 1k is not a solution

·
Premium Member
2,071 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
D
Long answer: Yes, if you have a lot of money, and can find one.

Shorter, more realistic answer: No.
**** why did I wait for my warranty to expire. Should have gotten it from a tube we all knew back in 2016.

·
Premium Member
2,071 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
EPA has indefinately suspended enforcement on environmental lols

deletes should be available today
I wouldn’t mind diesel emissions if they where as reliable AND held to the same standards as gasoline. With a gas engine if cats aren’t working right you don’t get a countdown of death. Why is diesel treats so much harsher.

·
Premium Member
4,308 Posts
It's because what a diesel does pollute is much, much worse than what a gas engine does...well, until GDI engines, that is. Expect to see similar particulate matter filters on DI gas engines soon - they're already getting them in Europe.

·
Registered
2014 Chevy Cruze Turbo Diesel “49000 miles”
52 Posts
whats the status on a emission delete. i read about federal crack downs, but can we still get it. just had the whole Exhaust fluid system replaced under warranty... again. if it was not for the special coverage could have well been 1k in repairs. since im at 40k and a 2015 im out of power train so time to yank the junk off the car. what are my options now?
What was your DEF reservoir doing that it needed replaced under special coverage?

·
Premium Member
2,071 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
It's because what a diesel does pollute is much, much worse than what a gas engine does...well, until GDI engines, that is. Expect to see similar particulate matter filters on DI gas engines soon - they're already getting them in Europe.
I get the pollution may be worse but this is just ridiculous. the extent of punishment to the end consumer for something they have no control of it’s too much

·
Premium Member
2,071 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
How did you know the temp sensors failed, I’m curious as I have the same car.
Check engine light and remote start won’t work. Plugged it in to a OND2 scam and it showed a code for redundancy tank heater. Took it to dealer and they confirmed it and replaced the tank assembly

·
Premium Member
4,308 Posts
I get the pollution may be worse but this is just ridiculous. the extent of punishment to the end consumer for something they have no control of it’s too much
I am not in disagreement - particulate matter and NOx emissions are really bad...but to potentially strand someone because it might be high...that's simply not acceptable.

·
Registered
2014 Chevy Cruze Turbo Diesel “49000 miles”
52 Posts
Check engine light and remote start won’t work. Plugged it in to a OND2 scam and it showed a code for redundancy tank heater. Took it to dealer and they confirmed it and replaced the tank assembly
Jesus, one time I had my starter not want to work, had to manually start after I did that I haven’t Had that problem come back but I’m gonna keep an eye out. Thanks alot

·
Premium Member
2,071 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Jesus, one time I had my starter not want to work, had to manually start after I did that I haven’t Had that problem come back but I’m gonna keep an eye out. Thanks alot
Generally a very reliable car other then the stupidly cheap sun visor vanity covers and emissions issues with diesel.

1 - 20 of 37 Posts