Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
140 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I kinda wanted to do it for awhile just for the heck of it I added courtesy lights underneath my 2011 1.4l Lt RS.

I have the one main positive wire going to the dome light with 3 Eagle Eye LEDs. I've heard they aren't the greatest or top of the line led but I've used the ones in my grille which are also wired to under the dash lights on the interior now for about a year with no issues so I chose them again for this project! ImageUploadedByAG Free1456929393.666149.jpg

I use one thick positive and negative and twisted them together and heat shrinked like every foot and a half for about the length of the car and tapped it on the ground behind the front driver tire and then also tapped In front of the rear driver tire.

Then through the wire across under and tapped in front of the rear passenger and then behind the front passenger

Then drilled the holes where I want my LEDs to be underneath the car and put the LEDs in place
-pull nut off
-pop wire through hole
-put led in
-and tighten the nut

Now you'll connect your wires from your LEDs to the wires tapped on the floor (positives and negatives) roughly in the area I want them to be pointing down when they will be under the car

Run the positive and negative you have all the LEDs connected to and splice that to the dome light and then everytime the dome light turns on (unlock, door opens, ect.) the courtesy lights will as well!

I think it looks kinda cool...I shoulda done 4 instead of 3 but I was getting exhausted! It's got 2 more taped off wires already connected to every thing so I'm sure soon there will be a 4th on both sides! It's a time consuming mod but will be different then most other cars and makes it look a lot more luxurier <???? Lol let me know what you think!!

-KY
ImageUploadedByAG Free1456928878.660167.jpg ImageUploadedByAG Free1456929000.504585.jpg ImageUploadedByAG Free1456929021.847563.jpg

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
2,254 Posts
That's pretty neat!

Man, your all ready for a rally race! Front light bar, rock lights, etc. Lol!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
140 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
That's pretty neat!

Man, your all ready for a rally race! Front light bar, rock lights, etc. Lol!!

Haha **** last time someone (maybe you) said something bout it being a rally I was like "yeah right" but for someone that honestly had no intentions in that look for my Cruze it sure looks like I'm a liar! Lol I might as well roll with it I guess lol

·
2,168 Posts
It does look more like a rally car now, pretty cool.

·
2,254 Posts
Haha **** last time someone (maybe you) said something bout it being a rally I was like "yeah right" but for someone that honestly had no intentions in that look for my Cruze it sure looks like I'm a liar! Lol I might as well roll with it I guess lol

I didn't mean any disrespect, it looks awesome. I could use the extra lights around here myself haha

·
2,168 Posts
I didn't mean any disrespect, it looks awesome. I could use the extra lights around here myself haha

I'm with you, one of the defining features of a rally car is all of the extra front lights. Not saying it looks exactly like one, but it has a rally vibe to it now in my opinion. Again, not at all a bad thing, something I like.

Reactions: sparkman
1 - 7 of 7 Posts